Thread: Civil 2007 missing stuff from the menu like profile, cross sections, grading, etc

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Civil 2007 missing stuff from the menu like profile, cross sections, grading, etc

I have a network license of Civil design in 2007, it loads and says the menu is there, but it is missing things like profile, cross sections, grading..... Does anyone know what is up?

Also, our regular LLD 2007 seems to forget commands sometimes and we have to repair it a couple times a day.... Help...... Our poor IT guy doesnt know what is happening.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Civil 2007 missing stuff from the menu like profile, cross sections, grading, etc

Are you on Subscription? Have you contacted your Reseller?
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Civil 2007 missing stuff from the menu like profile, cross sections, grading, etc

Hi "jenniferchavez"

Please note I have *moved* this thread from the Software forum to this one, as I feel this particular forum is a more appropriate place for such a topic.

Thanks, Mike

Forum Manager

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jenniferchavez
    I have a network license of Civil design in 2007, it loads and says the menu is there, but it is missing things like profile, cross sections, grading..... Does anyone know what is up?

Also, our regular LLD 2007 seems to forget commands sometimes and we have to repair it a couple times a day.... Help...... Our poor IT guy doesnt know what is happening.
    I have seen installs where the civildesign.cui is missing or corrupt (file size is like 30k) - in this case there are no menus to display.

Have you been into the CUI and looked to see if the civildesign.cui even contains pull-down menus?

If not, or you just want to start clean, you can copy a good copy of this menu from C:\Program Files\Autodesk Land Desktop 2006\UserDataCache\Support to your local support path, which will be something like C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Autodesk\Autodesk Land Desktop 2006\R16.2\enu\Support (use your actual directory names of course)

On the other hand, It could just be that the "Civil Design" workspace is messed up and the pull-downs need to be added to that workspace. Have you checked this also?
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Login to Give a bone

Lightbulb Re: Civil 2007 missing stuff from the menu like profile, cross sections, grading, etc

You may have already tried this, but if you go into the CUI and right click on any of the .cui's (even the partially loaded ones) the shortcut menu will have an option to either "Restore" or "Reset" the .cui file. Restoring probably wont work as it just restores from a .bak file created the last time you shut down the software, so I would go with Reset. Reset will return the .cui file to it's original "Out of the Box" settings. I recommend you Reset all of the partially loaded .cui's first then Reset the main .cui last (this is because if you do it the other way around the partially loaded .cui's will dump all of their menu's into the main .cui's menus and you will have two rows or more of menu items).