Thread: ADT 2006 - Disappearing tools on network Tool Palettes

Login to Give a bone

Default ADT 2006 - Disappearing tools on network Tool Palettes

Hi,
    I am using Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2006 and have created a tool catalog containing a number of tool palettes. I saved the catalog on the office server, and added its path to "Tool Palettes File Locations" under "Files" on the "Options" dialog box. I did this on all workstations.
    Linked copies of all tool palettes now load on all workstations.
    I recently ran into a problem updating the palettes. When adding a new tool, I first create it in an "Updates" palette I have on my machine, then copy it into the office tool catalog. Sometimes these tools misteriously disappear, and I am forced to repeat the update process, which, on occasions, can be very time consuming and frustrating. Sometimes the tools will remain only for a few minutes.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance!

Login to Give a bone

Question Re: ADT 2006 - Disappearing tools on network Tool Palettes

Quote Originally Posted by mraafateg
    <SNIP>

I recently ran into a problem updating the palettes. When adding a new tool, I first create it in an "Updates" palette I have on my machine, then copy it into the office tool catalog. Sometimes these tools misteriously disappear, and I am forced to repeat the update process, which, on occasions, can be very time consuming and frustrating. Sometimes the tools will remain only for a few minutes.
    Hi

By copy do you mean Export, then Import into your network Tool Palettes OR do you mean, copy the actual local Tool Palette files and overwrite your network Tool Palettes with the newly updated local version(s) ?

Have a good one, Mike

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: ADT 2006 - Disappearing tools on network Tool Palettes

Hi Mike,
    By copy I mean:
    Right clicking the new tool on my local updates palette and selecting copy. I then open the AutoDesk Content Browser, open the palette I need to update, right click and select paste.
    Thanks!

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: ADT 2006 - Disappearing tools on network Tool Palettes

Quote Originally Posted by mraafateg
    By copy I mean:
    Right clicking the new tool on my local updates palette and selecting copy. I then open the AutoDesk Content Browser, open the palette I need to update, right click and select paste.
    Hi

Ok! it would appear ADT Tool Palettes work differently to vanilla AutoCAD Tool Palettes.

As far as I am aware AutoCAD does not have an Autodesk Content Browser.

I believe that feature belongs to ADT, if I have that correct, I am afraid I will probably not be much help.

Instead, have you tried Exporting the local Tool Palette, then Importing into your network version ?

Have a good one, Mike