Thread: Publish - INTERNAL ERROR: !layoutbr.cpp@503: eWasOpenForWrite

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Publish - INTERNAL ERROR: !layoutbr.cpp@503: eWasOpenForWrite

Within the last couple of days, a few of my users are getting this message when they try to publish, "INTERNAL ERROR: !layoutbr.cpp@503: eWasOpenFor Write". Ironically, they are all trying to print from the same client's projects. The way we publish/print/etc., I have created page setups in template files. Also have created buttons that bring in these pagesetups. Therefore, when you publish, you select from these pagesetups to apply to all sheets. It is very wierd. First time you try to publish, selecting the pagesetup from the COVER sheet, you get the error. If you bring in the pagesetups to the next sheet and publish by browsing to that sheet and pulling in pagesetups, it works. I'm not sure if I've got a corrupt file w/ the COVER or not. This has now happened on 3 different projects under the same client. Anyone have a clue as to what this could be????

On a side note, I recently implemented an acad.dvb file into on of our common search paths to automatically set some system variables upon opening any drawing. I can't see how this would affect anything, but you never know.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Publish - INTERNAL ERROR: !layoutbr.cpp@503: eWasOpenForWrite

Have you run AUDIT or RECOVER on these drawings? Were there any errors?
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Yeah, we've tried the obvious stuff. I even had them wblock out the info in the COVER to a new file and it still errors out.

The error seems to occur at about the 3rd file it comes across. We checked out that file as well. Nothing strikes us as odd w/ any of them.

We are using 2004 by the way. I failed to mention that.

Login to Give a bone

Hi

Maybe searching here on the forums OR the Autodesk Discussion Groups OR... for...

eWasOpenForWrite

The results returned may give you ideas / suggestions to try ( that you have not already ).

Have a good one, Mike

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

I figured out that the problem is stemming from my VBA program. It's a simple routine that pre-defines some system variables upon startup. When I remove the VBA, problem goes away.

I imagine that I need some sort of debuggin within the program so that things can continue should they hit something along the way.

Login to Give a bone

Thumbs up Re: Publish - INTERNAL ERROR: !layoutbr.cpp@503: eWasOpenForWrite

Quote Originally Posted by mboyer
    I figured out that the problem is stemming from my VBA program. It's a simple routine that pre-defines some system variables upon startup. When I remove the VBA, problem goes away.

I imagine that I need some sort of debuggin within the program so that things can continue should they hit something along the way.
    Hi

Good to hear you found the cause of the problem; and thanks for taking the time to post back.

When ( if ) you find a satisfactory solution, could you please take the time to post back again - so others may benefit from such information.

Mike

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Unhappy Re: Publish - INTERNAL ERROR: !layoutbr.cpp@503: eWasOpenForWrite

I have been getting a similar error which occurs when I try the "Jog dimension" command in AutoCAD 2008..it causes AutoCAD to crash---here is the erro message
    "INTERNAL ERROR: !scandr.cpp@815: eWasOpenFor Write"
    Is it also a VBA problem?

Login to Give a bone

Lightbulb Re: Publish - INTERNAL ERROR: !layoutbr.cpp@503: eWasOpenForWrite

I had a similar error.
    INTERNAL ERROR: !scandr.cpp@815: eWasOpenForWrite
    I received this when I was trying to run the audit command.

I had created a new file with a different filename
    I eventually found a block that looked like it might be related, named
    BAD AUDIT ERROR BLOCK_1. I opened it in block editor, deleted everything, purged the block, ran audit again, received another error that said it was a program error, did I want to save work. I replied no.

All the other times I had replied yes, and I received one of those dastardly FATAL ERRORs and then the program just shut down, this time I answered no, the program remained running. I ran audit again, and no shut down, no errors. I can't explain it...but for future inquirer's I thought I'd add my 2¢.