Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lookup grips have stopped working!

Login to Give a bone

Default Lookup grips have stopped working!

Something's gone nuts with my dynamic blocks. When I try to pick the grip for a lookup list, Acad repeats the last command, just like I had hit the enter command. They had been working fine. I've restarted Autocad. I've rebooted my computer and opened another unrelated file (so I know it's not the file). No change. Everything else in Acad seem to be fine. What's going on? (I'm using 2006)

Login to Give a bone

Unhappy Re: Lookup grips have stopped working!

Quote Originally Posted by wommack
    Something's gone nuts with my dynamic blocks. When I try to pick the grip for a lookup list, Acad repeats the last command, just like I had hit the enter command. They had been working fine. I've restarted Autocad. I've rebooted my computer and opened another unrelated file (so I know it's not the file). No change. Everything else in Acad seem to be fine. What's going on? (I'm using 2006)
    just had a machine over here that wouldn't show the object's layer in the drop-down toolbar when object was selected, the popup menu's wouldnt' work (got a return like you), and it had to have acad reinstalled. sounds like you got acad gnomes...
    dude.
    Sometimes, i get lost in my own thoughts and need to ask directions to find my way back.
    S&D DB Sharing Forum

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Lookup grips have stopped working!

That's good news. I've always wanted a pet gnome. Reinstalling Acad every time this happens in not a vary happy solution. I have another workstation that did this, but it "fixed" itself. There must be a way to identify and troubleshoot this. Maybe I'll try repairing acad first.

Update: Repairing autocad worked. I exported my profile so the repair was almost painless.
    Last edited by wommack; 2006-11-15 at 01:32 AM.

Login to Give a bone

<SNIP>

Update: Repairing autocad worked. I exported my profile so the repair was almost painless.
    Hi

I realise you found an acceptable solution, but you may wish to review the following threads...

Dynamic Block Tips & Tricks (Techniques)

Getting Lookups to 'SHOW'

Have a good one, Mike

In the hospital cuz of my fever for more cowbell
    Login to Give a bone

Check your shortcut menus in drawing area options found in user preferences of the options window .... I think that's one of the links that Mike posted ....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Return of the Cowbell

Login to Give a bone

The bad news is it's none of the above. The lookup lists had been working as intended for that last 9 months, and they were still working on other workstations in the office (even in the same files too).

I also checked the prefernces for right click customization to see if something had changed there. Nope.

All other grips in the blocks still funtioned. Just the lookup grip goes nuts. It was repeating the last command.

AND this is the second time it's happended. (on two different workstations.)

Must be an Autodesk gnome.

In the hospital cuz of my fever for more cowbell
    Login to Give a bone

The bad news is it's none of the above. The lookup lists had been working as intended for that last 9 months, and they were still working on other workstations in the office (even in the same files too).

I also checked the prefernces for right click customization to see if something had changed there. Nope.

All other grips in the blocks still funtioned. Just the lookup grip goes nuts. It was repeating the last command.

Before you re-install try one more thing .....

try checking to see if your lookup on that workstation has been set to read only or to reverse lookup .......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Return of the Cowbell

Login to Give a bone

question, did you recently install acad 2007? i've heard that a repair of 2006 is sometimes needed after such an accident...
    Sometimes, i get lost in my own thoughts and need to ask directions to find my way back.
    S&D DB Sharing Forum

Login to Give a bone

It's not 2007. That's still in the box. And it's not reverse read. The blocks work on 6 other workstations.

But now I have 2 Workstations that have this problem.

When I left click a lookup grip, acad interperts the clik as though it were a right clik. Depending on the right button preference settings, I get either the short cut menu or an enter, which envokes that last command.

Login to Give a bone

It's not 2007. That's still in the box. And it's not reverse read. The blocks work on 6 other workstations.

But now I have 2 Workstations that have this problem.

When I left click a lookup grip, acad interperts the clik as though it were a right clik. Depending on the right button preference settings, I get either the short cut menu or an enter, which envokes that last command.
    does your other, regular popup menu behave? say, click on a line and then r.click?
    S&D DB Sharing Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast