Thread: AUGI AutoCAD Wish List and what might be appearing in future releases of AutoCAD

Login to Give a bone

Lightbulb AUGI AutoCAD Wish List and what might be appearing in future releases of AutoCAD

AU 2006: AUGI Wish Lists 2005 & 2006 via Shaan Hurley

What to Expect in the Next AutoCAD - Maybe via CAD Insider

Couple of minor but! important points...

* Please do not post anything within this thread or else where on AUGI that infringes any Non Disclosure Agreement.

* Until AutoCAD 2008 is officially released, please do not post any Technical questions relating to AutoCAD 2008 on the AUGI forums ( they will be respectfully removed ). Until that time all Technical questions relating to AutoCAD 2008 must be addressed at the "official" Autodesk Beta site.
    Last edited by Mike.Perry; 2006-12-06 at 11:43 PM. Reason: Oops should have read "AutoCAD 2008"

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: AUGI AutoCAD Wish List and what might be appearing in future releases of AutoCAD

"#7 3D to 2D conversion tool (Now in AutoCAD 2007)"

Mmmm, I must have missed this one. Was this included in a service pack or is it refering to the flatshot command?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: AUGI AutoCAD Wish List and what might be appearing in future releases of AutoCAD

Quote Originally Posted by mmccarter
    "#7 3D to 2D conversion tool (Now in AutoCAD 2007)"

Mmmm, I must have missed this one. Was this included in a service pack or is it refering to the flatshot command?
    It's the FLATSHOT command. It is part of AutoCAD 2007.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Thanks for the swift reply bren bren.
    I thought as much.

In which case the 3d to 2d conversion still needs to be adressed in my opinion as flatshot doesn't cut it.

80% of the "3d" that our company deals with is topographical site surveys or wireframes where the each point or vertext as a real world z value. Unfortunately as far as I can ascertain, the FLATSHOT command only works on true 3d entities such as solids and retaining layering is vital.

Is it worth me putting another request in for the wish list again? This is a subject which seems to come up time and time again.

Don't get me wrong, I am not just moaning :P Flatshot certainly has it's uses and we have used it a few times to produce sectional elevations through solid data for some clients. We reckon this command saved about 3 days work and instead took 30 minutes.