Thread: When using the Shortcut menu - Unknown command "AI_DIM_TEXTHOME"

Login to Give a bone

Default When using the Shortcut menu - Unknown command "AI_DIM_TEXTHOME"

I'm having problems with at least one command in the shortcut menu for dimensions. I'm trying to put a piece of dimension text back to the 'home' position using the shortcut menu and I get the following error:

Unknown command "AI_DIM_TEXTHOME"

Using the align text under the Dimension pulldown works just fine but not the right click shortcut menu. This is occurring on multiple machines in my office.

This is one example I've personally seen but some people are telling me it occurs with other commands.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Shane
    Last edited by Shane.Miller; 2006-12-07 at 10:48 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: When using the Shortcut menu - Unknown command "AI_DIM_TEXTHOME"

It sounds similar to an issue we had. It was the acad.mnl file that was not loading. go to your command line and enter (LOAD "ACAD.MNL") . See if this takes care of your issue. Also make sure that you have Service Pack 1 installed. It may not have anything to do with this issue, but it is always a good practice that fixes a lot of "bugs". Hope this helps.

Rob

Login to Give a bone

Service Pack 1 is installed and loading the acad.mnl did not help. In the shortcut menu under the "Dim Text Position" above dim line, centered & home text return "Unknown Command" while the other options work fine.

Shane

Login to Give a bone

Hi

Does _ai_dim_texthome work correctly if inputted via the AutoCAD Command Line ?

Have you gone into the Customise User Interface and looked at Dim Text position under Dimension Objects Menu, found under Shortcut Menus ?

If no, take a look.

If yes, does everything look to be setup correctly ?

Have a good one, Mike

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Perry
    Hi

Does _ai_dim_texthome work correctly if inputted via the AutoCAD Command Line ?

Have you gone into the Customise User Interface and looked at Dim Text position under Dimension Objects Menu, found under Shortcut Menus ?

If no, take a look.

If yes, does everything look to be setup correctly ?

Have a good one, Mike

The commands _ai_dim_textabove, _ai_dim_textcenter & _ai_dim_texthome do not work at the command line. The only thing that is a little odd in the CUI are the commands themselves, the move text commands have _aidimmovetext_# while these three commands have the underscore. I did try all deviations and still nothing.

Shane

Login to Give a bone

Hi
    Quote Originally Posted by shanem
    The commands _ai_dim_textabove, _ai_dim_textcenter & _ai_dim_texthome do not work at the command line.
    Check if acad2007doc.lsp is being loaded successfully.

Quote Originally Posted by shanem
    The only thing that is a little odd in the CUI are the commands themselves, the move text commands have _aidimmovetext_# while these three commands have the underscore. I did try all deviations and still nothing.
    Move text alone should have Macro ^C^C_aidimtextmove _2 associated with it.

Move with leader should have Macro ^C^C_aidimtextmove _1 associated with it.

Move with dim line should have Macro ^C^C_aidimtextmove _0 associated with it.

Have a good one, Mike