Thread: Place Viewport on one Layer and drawing title on another

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Question Place Viewport on one Layer and drawing title on another

I pretty much have most of the bugs worked out of the sheet set manager. But there is one thing I would like to change if possible.

One of the best things about sheet set manager is the ability to drag on drop views onto plot sheet and have the view automaticaly titled. But this is also were my problem lies. I have my sheet template set so thay my view port layer is current, and when a drag a view onto a new sheet the view port for that view is place on the current layer (the view port layer). But the drawing tile that is placed at the same time is also placed on the current layer which is the view port layer. Here is were the problem lies. The office standard is that view ports are not to plot, so the view port layers is set with the no plot feature in the layer dialog boxed turned on. That means unless the user remebers to change the layer of the drawing title from the view port layer (the layer it is automatically inserted on) to the dwg tile layer, it wont plot either.

Any ideas of how to have the sheet set manager place the view port on one layer and the drawing title on another?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Place Viewport on one Layer and drawing title on another

You would probably need to use some form of a custom (Lisp or VBA) to move the viewport to a new layer or even turn off the visibility of the viewport. Unless you use reactors or event handlers this would still require the user to execute a command after the insertion.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Opie
    You would probably need to use some form of a custom (Lisp or VBA) to move the viewport to a new layer or even turn off the visibility of the viewport. Unless you use reactors or event handlers this would still require the user to execute a command after the insertion.
    Do you have this same issue? How do you deal with?

Login to Give a bone

We don't use views. We set up our sheet manually since each sheet will be almost the same layout with different aspects of the layout being more important than others. I still have the occasional viewport being plotted, but I try to rectify it prior to releasing the drawings out for bids.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Opie
    We don't use views. We set up our sheet manually since each sheet will be almost the same layout with different aspects of the layout being more important than others. I still have the occasional viewport being plotted, but I try to rectify it prior to releasing the drawings out for bids.
    Does that mean that views not set up using SSM can still show up in SSM so that callout tags can then reference them?

If so this would be helpful. So far as I can tell, views can only be rectilinear in shape. Sometimes we like to use polygons for viewports.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by kkinchen
    Does that mean that views not set up using SSM can still show up in SSM so that callout tags can then reference them?

If so this would be helpful. So far as I can tell, views can only be rectilinear in shape. Sometimes we like to use polygons for viewports.
    Not to my knowledge. You will need to use SSM for your views if you want to use call out tags on the views.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by kkinchen

i clip my SSM viewports all the time. just select the port, r-click, and select the "Viewport Clip" option located near the top of the R-click menu. they are still referenced for callout work.
    Sometimes, i get lost in my own thoughts and need to ask directions to find my way back.
    S&D DB Sharing Forum

Login to Give a bone

I have been looking for a way to solve this problem as well. Has anyone got any ideas? We would like the viewport to come in on a layer that wont plot a the view label to come in on a specific layer.