Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Units keep reverting to decimal units, max precision, angles set at h/m/s

Login to Give a bone

Angry Units keep reverting to decimal units, max precision, angles set at h/m/s

No matter what drawing I open or how I save it I always have to change my units settings on every drawing because they always revert back to decimal units, max precision, angles set at h/m/s. Is there a variable to change this to what I want it to be (architectural, 1/16" precision) all the time. Annoying but not devistating. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Can't find anything in the help or rest of forums. Thanks for the help.

ACA/AMEP Community Chair stelthorst's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Units keep reverting to decimal units, max precision, angles set at h/m/s

I use ABS so I'm not sure if it's the same in vanilla CAD but in my drawing setup dialog box there is a check box on the lower left corner that says "Save as default" You should be able to change your units the way that you like and click the save as defaults button.

Hope this helps,
    Scott Telthorst
    Quality Control Manager
    Helix Electric, Inc.
    www.helixelectric.com

Some see the glass as half full, others as half empty. As an engineer I see the glass as twice as big as it needs to be. ~Unknown~

Login to Give a bone

Question Re: Units keep reverting to decimal units, max precision, angles set at h/m/s

Hi

Are you using vanilla AutoCAD or a vertical product ie ADT or LDT etc ?

Have a good one, Mike

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Units keep reverting to decimal units, max precision, angles set at h/m/s

Using vanila 2007. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Perry
    Hi

Are you using vanilla AutoCAD or a vertical product ie ADT or LDT etc ?

Have a good one, Mike

I could stop if I wanted to johan d's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

I have the same problem with INSUNITS keep changing to inches.
    When setting to millimieters (4) closing and reopening the drawing, they are back to inches.

Login to Give a bone

It appears some code is automatically run that is adjusting your drawing's settings.

Do you have an ACADDOC.LSP file within your Support Paths or the directory the current drawing is located? You can have AutoCAD help you find the one it is looking at with the below code.

Code:
    (findfile "ACADDOC.LSP")
    Copy and paste the above code to your command line. This will tell you the directory name and location of the above file.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

I get 'NIL' as a response. I did a search and I do not have the file. I found a white paper on the Adesk site about doing: tools> options>open & save> change demand load objectarx apps to 'command invoke'. Still didn't work. Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Opie
    It appears some code is automatically run that is adjusting your drawing's settings.

Do you have an ACADDOC.LSP file within your Support Paths or the directory the current drawing is located? You can have AutoCAD help you find the one it is looking at with the below code.

Code:
    (findfile "ACADDOC.LSP")
    Copy and paste the above code to your command line. This will tell you the directory name and location of the above file.

Login to Give a bone

You may also check in your Startup Suite by using the APPLOAD command. There may be an ACAD.LSP. It could have also been erroneously placed in the ACAD200?.LSP or ACAD200?DOC.LSP. (Replace the ? with the last digit of your AutoCAD version.)
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

I found the files acad2007doc.lsp and acad2007.lsp in the support directory. Any idea what I should be looking for in them?

Quote Originally Posted by Opie
    You may also check in your Startup Suite by using the APPLOAD command. There may be an ACAD.LSP. It could have also been erroneously placed in the ACAD200?.LSP or ACAD200?DOC.LSP. (Replace the ? with the last digit of your AutoCAD version.)

Login to Give a bone

These system variables are the ones that you need to look for. The AutoCAD Help explains the different settings.

• LUNITS
    • LUPREC
    • AUNITS
    • AUPREC

The ones starting with L are for linear settings and the ones starting with A are for angular settings.
    jUSt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast