See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: ACAD Mech 07 - Double-click Attribute to open editor on selected Attribute

Login to Give a bone

Thumbs down ACAD Mech 07 - Double-click Attribute to open editor on selected Attribute

When it comes to editing block attributes, in previous versions of ACAD the user was able to click on whichever attribute needed to be modified and ACAD would take the user directly to that attribute in the block attribute manager.

In ACAD Mech '07 when the user attempts to update a block attribute, the block attribute manager jumps to the very first instance of an attirubte in that block.

Is there a way to change this ? Could there be an variable that I have overlooked ?

I am aware that with ACAD LT this was the way it worked, but it seemed to be more intuitive in full versions of ACAD.

Any help would be appreciated.

Upon further examination, the double click command calls the eattedit macro (from the CUI). this command typed in on it's own in the command prompt allows the user to modify the selected block attribute but NOT with the double click command .
    Last edited by svanderputten; 2006-12-12 at 04:05 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: ACAD Mech 07 - Double-click Attribute to open editor on selected Attribute

Hi

Could you please post an example DWG file that exhibits the behaviour you have described above... currently I am unable to replicate the same behaviour.

Have a good one, Mike

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: ACAD Mech 07 - Double-click Attribute to open editor on selected Attribute

If I were to click "316 SS" the enhanced attribute manager would default back to the first occurence of an attribute "60". Huge hassle when the block contains a hundred or so attributes.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Hi

You may wish to review the following post in THIS thread ( via the Autodesk Discussion Groups )...

Reply From: JayK
    Date: May/31/06 - 19:02 (GMT)
    As a workaround, you may wish to look at associating the AttEdit command with Double Click Action for Attribute Block.

Have a good one, Mike

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by svanderputten
    When it comes to editing block attributes, in previous versions of ACAD the user was able to click on whichever attribute needed to be modified and ACAD would take the user directly to that attribute in the block attribute manager.

In ACAD Mech '07 when the user attempts to update a block attribute, the block attribute manager jumps to the very first instance of an attirubte in that block.

Is there a way to change this ? Could there be an variable that I have overlooked ?

I am aware that with ACAD LT this was the way it worked, but it seemed to be more intuitive in full versions of ACAD.

Any help would be appreciated.

Upon further examination, the double click command calls the eattedit macro (from the CUI). this command typed in on it's own in the command prompt allows the user to modify the selected block attribute but NOT with the double click command .
    I've found this to be a random issue; I've never really looked into it, but it seems like sometimes it jumps to the first attribute, and sometimes it will go to the attribute you have double clicked on ~shrug~

I've never tested it using the command line version of EATTEDIT; I'll give it a try later and see if I can duplicate your results.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

The attribute tags must be unique. If multiple tags have the same name, the crusor will jump to the first one with that name. Use BATTMAN to change the names.