Thread: ADT 2007 unable to bring in Xref as Overlay via Project Navigator using relative path

Login to Give a bone

Angry ADT 2007 unable to bring in Xref as Overlay via Project Navigator using relative path

First I am currently using ADT2007 however I don't believe the answer to my question will be specific to the release i am using.

I currently use relative pathing in my projects in "Project Navigator" which works fine. I run into a problem when I try to "Overlay" or "Attach" a construct into another. I typically will have a construct open and will xref overlay another construct in to it by right clicking on the construct in the project navigator and selecting "Xref Overlay". Doing this brings the file in as an xref fine, the problem is that it brings it in with a "Full Path".

Is there a system variable that changes the default pathing to "relative" instead of "full" so using the same process above will bring them in with "relative" paths?

Please help

Jason

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: ADT 2007 unable to bring in Xref as Overlay via Project Navigator using relative path

Well, you could try using the re-path option in PN, however that doesn't answer the question of why PN is doing that. I have a feeling it has more to do with PN, than with a sys var. I will test on my end to see if I get the same result.
    Steve Bennett |BIM Manager
    Taylor Design | Adventures in BIM

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: ADT 2007 unable to bring in Xref as Overlay via Project Navigator using relative path

Well, I just tried it on my end and everything attached as an overlay. Are you running SP1 for ADT 2007? I am.

Login to Give a bone

Angry Re: ADT 2007 unable to bring in Xref as Overlay via Project Navigator using relative path

yes, we are running sp1

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Bennett
    Well, I just tried it on my end and everything attached as an overlay. Are you running SP1 for ADT 2007? I am.
    Sorry, I meant everything attached as a relative path.

Double check your project settings to ensure that you are using relative pathing. Otherwise I'm not sure. Of course, my drawings were on my local drive. I don't know if being on a server would make a difference or not.

Login to Give a bone

Hi Jason

Please note I have *moved* this thread from the CAD Mgmt. General forum to this one...

Why? - This is an ADT issue / problem, not a CAD Managers...

Thanks, Mike

Forum Manager

Login to Give a bone

I found someone else with the same exact problem on the Autodesk discussion groups. No one really posted a solution to it so I've submitted this as a support issue to Autodesk.

Login to Give a bone

Jason,

Was this project converted from ADT 2006? Are you going through drive letters to the server or through UNC pathing (\\servername\sharename\projectdirectory)?

I ran into this problem with projects converted from ADT 06 to 07. I had to connect and repath the project using the UNC pathing. Once this was done the problem went away, but this was prior to SP1.

I would try the repath with UNC and if that works then there might be a problem with the installation with SP1.

Hope this helps.

Jason