See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Handling Revisions

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Login to Give a bone

Lightbulb Handling Revisions

I thought of posting this method/technique/tip after spending a day wrestling with different ideas and concepts that didn't work.

I don't know about you, but I'm not happy with how Revisions are handled in Revit. If you feel the same, please share your ideas with Support. They'll listen.

Here's my workflow:

Duplicate the view that contains the revision with detailing. Don't mess with crop regions, leave it as is and make the necessary changes. Create a new sheet and use your addendum titleblock. Now the problem is masking....unfortunately a filled region shows great in a titleblock family, but when loaded into a project it goes infront of linework and behind text! So I did another titleblock that consists of ONLY a filled region (see attached image....that "mask" is highlighted in red). My titleblock picks up most parameters and the user inputs the Sheet it came from and name. Now change the titleblock to the "mask" titleblock, then copy and paste same view and change it to the addendum titleblock. Now you should have two overlayed titleblocks: one with lines and text and another that's just a mask behind it. Make the mask symmetrical to the sheet extents so when you print centered, it'll be right where you want it.

Please feel free to share your workflow if you feel you've found a better way to create and maintain revision sheets in Revit.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dbaldacchino; 2006-12-14 at 09:18 PM.