See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Device Display

Login to Give a bone

Default Device Display

In a view drawing I have several electrical devices as well as spline shaped wiring. Everything is the proper scale and looks perfect. However, whenever I place the view into a sheet, the devices (eg. ceiling fan and lights) shrink and the wiring looks like line segments rather than a spline. In an effort to make the sheet look right, I have copied the device styles. I have even gone so far to unload all my x-refs, purge the drawing, and re-place the view. There is most likely a very simple setting that needs to be changed, but I confess I'm stumped.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Device Display

One thing to try but it may not help is in the view set the scale of the drawing to be what it will be when viewed thru the viewport that is on the sheet. What flavor of software are you using? Maybe attach the dwgs so that we can take a look at the different settings.

Login to Give a bone

I knew it would be something simple like that. The drawing and the construct were the same scale, but the drawing that the device tool came from had a different scale. I've fixed the scale of the devices, but I am still having trouble figuring out what caused my wiring to go from spline to line segments.

Login to Give a bone

Another problem I'm having with devices now is the placement of annotation. An example is a gfi outlet. In the drawing the device comes from, the construct I've placed the device in, and the view that includes the construct the device shows up properly. However, when I place the view on a sheet, the "GFI" gets placed too far away from the outlet symbol. Both the outlet and the annotation are the correct size, the annotation just gets inserted in the wrong place. All the drawings involved are set to the same drawing scale. Does anyone know of any other variables that change the display of a device differently from a construct to a view in a sheet?

Login to Give a bone

The only thing I can think of is that the Multi-View block has been inserted into the sheet previously and it has a different insertion point for the anno attribute.
    I know that is far fetched but purge all MVB from sheet and then try. Sorry I could not be more help.
    Jim

Login to Give a bone

I've tried that, but it's not the solution, since I think the block definitions are pulled from the xref, not the sheet. Which is why I don't understand how it could be different from one drawing to the other, when they're both pulling the same block definition.

Login to Give a bone

I still don't know why my device is behaving oddly, but I was able to fix the display of my wiring by changing the facet deviation in the AEC object settings tab in options.