Thread: Trimble Link toolbar not displaying when Trimble.cui located on the network

Login to Give a bone

Default Trimble Link toolbar not displaying when Trimble.cui located on the network

I have a very strange problem. When I load the Trimble.cui that comes with Trimble Link the toolbar will not display if the cui is loaded from the network.

When I right-click on the gray area next to a toolbar and pick Trimble nothing is there so I can't turn it on. I opened the CUI editor, picked customize workspace, turned on the desired toolbar but it still does not show on the screen.

This works fine on the two other computers I installed Trimble Link on.

Now here's the real strange part. When I copy the Trimble.cui, Trimble.dll and Trimble.mnl from the network to the users local PC and load it from there he can see the toolbar.

All three users have the same permissions on the Network share.

Any ideas what may be causing this?

Login to Give a bone

Question Re: Trimble Link toolbar not displaying when Trimble.cui located on the network

Hi

Have you tried contacting Trimble ( hopefully I have the right Trimble and they are the actual ones that supply the CUI file ) directly, to see what they have to say about it...

Trimble - Contacts

Have you looked through the Trimble.mnl file to see if there is something in there that could be causing the behaviour you are seeing...

Have a good one, Mike

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Trimble Link toolbar not displaying when Trimble.cui located on the network

I have not contacted Trimble yet. I may do that next week but I really think this is an Autodesk issue.

The mnl file on the local PC is identical to the one on the network so it's not a problem with the mnl.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Trimble Link toolbar not displaying when Trimble.cui located on the network

Quote Originally Posted by jpaulsen
    I have not contacted Trimble yet. I may do that next week but I really think this is an Autodesk issue.

The mnl file on the local PC is identical to the one on the network so it's not a problem with the mnl.
    You did not state if the folder the Trimble files are located was in your Support Paths.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Yes, the network location is in the search path. The toolbar works fine on two of three computers when the CUI is on the network.

The toolbar only worked on the third computer if I copied the CUI, MNL and DLL to the user's windows profile folder which is also in the search path.

Login to Give a bone

Okay. I figured out what I did wrong but I can't explain why it worked on the two computers before.

The network drive is read only and I forgot to copy the MNR file. Once I copied the MNR file to the same location as the other files it worked fine for everyone.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for posting your solution.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt