Thread: ADT 2005 - Save creates "read-only" file

Login to Give a bone

Default ADT 2005 - Save creates "read-only" file

I tried a search in this form and could not find anyone with this problem. I am also new to this website and not familiar with the forum structure.

Anyway, I have one computer of several seats adt2005 that is having a problem with saving files while working on them. We have 2 users on the same computer (day shift and night shift). When the user hits the save button, the file converts to read-only and then becomes corrupt. The only option we have right now is saveas, write over...

Is there a fix for this? At one time, there was a service pack to install. It has been installed and the problem still occurs. Not as frequently for the day user, but at the same rate as the night user.

I would appreciate someone to point me in the right direction, as this cuts productivity tremendously.

Thanks,
    Stacy

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: ADT 2005 - Save creates "read-only" file

Quote Originally Posted by smcgypsea
    I tried a search in this form and could not find anyone with this problem. I am also new to this website and not familiar with the forum structure.

Anyway, I have one computer of several seats adt2005 that is having a problem with saving files while working on them. We have 2 users on the same computer (day shift and night shift). When the user hits the save button, the file converts to read-only and then becomes corrupt. The only option we have right now is saveas, write over...

Is there a fix for this? At one time, there was a service pack to install. It has been installed and the problem still occurs. Not as frequently for the day user, but at the same rate as the night user.

I would appreciate someone to point me in the right direction, as this cuts productivity tremendously.

Thanks,
    Stacy
    Do they have the proper permissions to the directories these files are located?
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: ADT 2005 - Save creates "read-only" file

yes, we do not alter permission for our acad users. The file corruption does not happen during every save. And not on all seats of adt2005.
    Last edited by smcgypsea; 2006-12-28 at 02:00 AM.