Thread: Cathedral Ceiling

Login to Give a bone

Default Cathedral Ceiling

I am working with spaces, which I have not done alot of work in. I am trying to develop a Room Finish Schedule and I cant figure out how to make the space for the schedule say Varies such in have a Cathedral Ceiling. If there are any pointers on how to override any command or anything please let me know.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Cathedral Ceiling

Quote Originally Posted by K_MAC_ATTACK
    I am working with spaces, which I have not done alot of work in. I am trying to develop a Room Finish Schedule and I cant figure out how to make the space for the schedule say Varies such in have a Cathedral Ceiling. If there are any pointers on how to override any command or anything please let me know.
    Are you trying to override the value of an automatic property - such as the ceiling height of a space? You can do so by setting up an unformatted property for the automatic property [assuming that you are displaying the value with some sort of applied formatting, such as imperial architectural feet-and-inches], a manual property to hold your override text and a formula property, which will return a result of the appropriate value, and is the property that appears in your schedule.

Set up the manual property with a default value that would never be used as an override value, then have the formula property test the value in that manual property. If it is equal to the default value, the formula result should be set to the unformatted automatic property value. If the manual property is not equal to the default, then the manual property should be the formula result. You can apply a Property Data Format to the formula property to get the desired formatting applied to any real number values passed through from the automatic property.

If you go to the AUGI Training Program Archives, you can grab the course materials for ATP121 (June 2006) and find this technique (and a whole lot more) discussed in much greater detail. You may also find the following blog articles of some interest:
    Overriding A Property Value Using A Formula
    Unformatted Properties for Formulas

Post back with any additional questions you might have. Include a sample file with some spaces, the Property Set Definitions and the Schedule Table you are trying to set up for advice specific to your current situation.