Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Layer State not restoring Color within Xref file

Login to Give a bone

Default Layer State not restoring Color within Xref file

Sorry if this question is already answered. I could not find it by searching. If someone could direct me to an answer already posted, I would appreciate it.

I am in the process of creating layer states and drawing standards, and they have not yet been implemented for other users. I am doing this in my spare time (now THERE is a joke!) while I am working on other projects. I have inherited a project from another user and have imported the layer states and drawing standards that I have created. Everything seems to be working well except that the layer colors for an Xref is not changing to what I have set up for this drawing. In other words, the layer colors for this Xref are consistent in all other sheets, but on this particular sheet I need some colors changed. I have created a layer state for this sheet with the layer colors set as I want them, but the do not change when I restore layer states. I can change them manually through the Layer Manager, but I shouldn't have to do this.

I hope my explanation is not confusing.

Thanks,
    Jude

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Layer State not restoring Color within Xref file

Is the XREF's Referenced Name the same across the drawings?

Are the colors the only element not updating?

What is your Visretain setting?
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Yes, the Xref name is the same in all drawings. I work for a home builder and all drawings the contain a floor plan have the drawing "Base" Xref'd in.

Colors and sometimes Linetypes seem to be the only thing that give me a problem, when they are changed in a particular drawing from what they are in the original Xref'd drawing.

Visretain is set to 1.

I could stop if I wanted to sschwartz85916's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by judekw
    Yes, the Xref name is the same in all drawings. I work for a home builder and all drawings the contain a floor plan have the drawing "Base" Xref'd in.

Colors and sometimes Linetypes seem to be the only thing that give me a problem, when they are changed in a particular drawing from what they are in the original Xref'd drawing.

Visretain is set to 1.
    When you make the layer state, aren't there additional settings? (I don't know if the visretain is effecting this or not). I know if you are using the Lman, there is an options box.

Login to Give a bone

I'm not sure what you mean. To create a layer state, I set up a drawing with the layers as I want them create a new layer state in the Layer Manager within that drawing and then export it to an .las file. I can then import that .las file into an existing drawing and restore that layer state. When I configure CAD standards and set a .dws for that drawing, it will prompt me to fix non-standard layers that may exist in that drawing.

I'm not sure what you mean by options either, but I don have the "Color" box checked to be restored in the Layer Manager.
    Last edited by judekw; 2007-01-03 at 06:29 PM.

Login to Give a bone

I'm not sure what you mean. To create a layer state, I set up a drawing with the layers as I want them create a new layer state in the Layer Manager within that drawing and then export it to an .las file. I can then import that .las file into an existing drawing and restore that layer state. When I configure CAD standards and set a .dws for that drawing, it will prompt me to fix non-standard layers that may exist in that drawing.

I'm not sure what you mean by options either, but I don have the "Color" box checked to be restored in the Layer Manager.
    That is pretty much what I meant...

Login to Give a bone

Sorry, the above should read, "I DO have the Color box checked..."

Login to Give a bone

Sorry, the above should read, "I DO have the Color box checked..."
    Oh... Maybe you can set the visretain to 0 then import the layer states then reset it back to 1. (other than that, I don't know why it would do that)

Login to Give a bone

Apparently my layer states are not working at all in this drawing. I switched Visretain to 0, reloaded my Xref which turned on many unwanted layers. I deleted the existing layer state, saved the drawing and imported the layer state again. I restored the layer state and nothing changed. I set Visretain back t 1 and tried to restore layer states again. Again nothing changed.

Login to Give a bone

Apparently my layer states are not working at all in this drawing. I switched Visretain to 0, reloaded my Xref which turned on many unwanted layers. I deleted the existing layer state, saved the drawing and imported the layer state again. I restored the layer state and nothing changed. I set Visretain back t 1 and tried to restore layer states again. Again nothing changed.
    Can you post a copy of the drawing, XREF and layer state for others to see?
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast