Thread: Alignments - Label Station and Offset

Login to Give a bone

Default Alignments - Label Station and Offset

I'm using Land Desktop 2005. I need to use the label station and offset command, but I also want the automatic labels to come into the drawing rotated 270 degrees. Model space has north up, but in paper space north will be to the left (this is the reason for the rotation). I'm also having problems with the automatic leader in this command, it will not draw an arrow at the start of the leader, just a line.
    Any help would be great. (I have read the thread started by Sammi and continued by jgwallace in January of 2006, it doesn't answer my question)

Thank you, Todd

I could stop if I wanted to dfarris75's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Alignments - Label Station and Offset

You may have to change your view rotation to get them at the angle you want. I am not sure of another way.
    I've had the same issue with the leaders. It seems that anytime I issue a LAND command it creates a dimension style override and the dimensions are all whacked. Unless there is a better way, you might create a dimension style for those leaders separate from the default and then after you create them use qselect to grab them all and switch the dimension style to the newly created one.
    I'd sure like to know if anyone can tell what causes that problem and how to fix it.

Login to Give a bone

For the alignment, LD2005 doesn't seem to be able to rotate the alignment labels (that I have seen). When it's important, I tend to build the labels and rotate the ones I need to. I have started to just leave it until the road design is finalized, because otherwise you'll keep creating and rotating the labels.

I have run into the leader problems you have mentioned. Check your qleader settings. Also check your "Drawing Setup" dialog box under the "Projects" pull-down menu. The "Scale" tab setting need to be set to the proper scales. Otherwise, LDT will create all kinds of style overrides, based on the scale factors set in the drawing setup. Also, when you create your plan and profiles, LDT wil use this scaling. This way, if you're building on the side of a mountain, you can set your profile to a different vertical scale than the horizontal.

Login to Give a bone

I have the exact same problem........I typically delete the leader and redraw it......I have asked the same question a million times and it never gets answered.....why do i get an automatic style override?......who knows.....it should just use the current dimstyle and textsyle......wtf?????

Login to Give a bone

I am also having the same problem. I've been scouring the forums to no avail for an answer to this problem. My current dimstyle changes automatically when I try to add a multi-leader or a linear dimension. I have "fixed" the problem by restarting the computer with the dimstyle set to the correct one, but that no longer works. If I wanted a new dimstyle, I'd change it. Why does it automatically default to a different dim-style when I have already set the one I want to be current? How do I fix this? Other people in my office use lines with block arrowheads as dimensions because of this problem. It's hard to justify the "ease" of using a dimstyle at all when it changes all of a sudden and for no apparent reason.