Thread: Sketched beam rebar cage displays in other views

Login to Give a bone

Default Sketched beam rebar cage displays in other views

I have sketched a rebar cage and sections in a beam section and they are displaying in another section cut perpendicular where I don't want them shown.
    Any tips as to how to pervent them from displaying in other views. I prefer not to use detail components because they are a pain to draw compared to the modelling sketches.

I could stop if I wanted to kmarsh's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Sketched beam rebar cage displays in other views

Paul,

If you're using Revit Structure 4: Go to the section view that you don't want the bar to be visible in and (make sure you have hidden line view style), select the bar, right click and select "toggle visibility". This should turn off the visibility of this bar in this view. To see what views the bar is visible in (regardless of whether it is actually obscured by concrete), select the element and in its properties, there is a button for "View Visibility States" Here you can set the element's visibility in all project views. This tool allows rebar to be visible even when it would be obscured by concrete.
    Last edited by kmarsh; 2007-01-04 at 02:54 PM. Reason: clarification
    Ken Marsh
    Owner, Marsh API

Login to Give a bone

I used the "toggle visibility in the views that I don't want to a hooked rebar to appear, but it only affects the part of the rebar hook displayed in elevation - the part displayed in section remains visible.

I also tried "view visibility states" the element properties, unchecking all view boxes (in doesn't affed the current view even if the box is unchecked), and had the same problem with the part in section displaying. In addition I could not seem to do either successfully with some rebar drawn in section as a grouped array. I tried this both in the section showing the arrayed rebar in section and in elevation.

This is VERY time consuming and complicated. Is there any trick to get modeled rebar to appear only in the current view. We have hundreds of views.

Login to Give a bone

If a section cuts the rebar, it will ALWAYS be displayed, regardless of the "view visibility state" checkbox of the rebar. If you don't want to see any rebar in a section that cuts through a beam with rebar, you would need to turn off rebar in Visibility/Graphics.

The best way to think of the "rebar view visibility" property is that it makes the rebar visible, even when it would normally be hidden in the model.

By default, the "rebar view visibility" for any new rebar enabled in EVERY section view by default. There is no way to change this behavior.

You can apply "rebar view visibility" to multiple selected rebar at once, using the property dialog.

If it's still not clear, maybe you could post a small file with an example.

Login to Give a bone

Yes, I understand. It appears that 95% of my rebar will have to be done with detail components rather than modeled rebar. An example of one the problems: when you model a cage in a beam section, inactuallity the ties will be 6" or so o.c. But it will show up as one tie in an elevation.