See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Autodesk Certification Exams and practise tests

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Autodesk Certification Exams and practise tests

Has anybody taken any of the Autodesk Certification Exams? I have the books for them, the Certified User Exam and the Certified Expert Exam, but I don't know if there are any practice tests out there. If you've ever done a Microsoft exam, they have pretty good practice exams to check your progress, but I've not found any for ACAD. If you've taken any of these, can you let me know how they are and if you found any practice tests?

Thanks,

Jason

I could stop if I wanted to macwizzy06's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Autodesk Certification Exams and practise tests

Quote Originally Posted by prime_ape_dude
    Has anybody taken any of the Autodesk Certification Exams? I have the books for them, the Certified User Exam and the Certified Expert Exam, but I don't know if there are any practice tests out there. If you've ever done a Microsoft exam, they have pretty good practice exams to check your progress, but I've not found any for ACAD. If you've taken any of these, can you let me know how they are and if you found any practice tests?

Thanks,

Jason
    Have you done a Google search yet? I believe that this information cannot be found on the Autodesk website, but if you do a search on Autodesk Authorised Training Centres, who knows... you might just stumble on something.

Digital Delivery Director Brian Myers's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by prime_ape_dude

Thanks,

Jason
    If you have a local reseller, try contacting them. I say this because there is courseware available to them from their source at Autodesk for training classes on the subject that they may be willing to order for you.
    Last edited by Brian Myers; 2007-01-19 at 01:25 PM.

I could stop if I wanted to macwizzy06's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbert
    If you have a local reseller, try contacting them. I say this because there is courseware available to them from their source at Autodesk for training classes on the subject that they may be willing to order for you.
    Are you required to pay for it?

Login to Give a bone

Post Re: Autodesk Certification Exams and practise tests

Quote Originally Posted by macwizzy06
    Are you required to pay for it?
    Hi Mac,
    It looks as though you’ve got to pay. (For the pricelist, go here, then click on ‘purchase’)
    However Autodesk recommends that you search for a center near you before purchasing any exams; their link provides contact information for authorized certification centers.
    I mention this ‘cos EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa) doesn’t seem to be very well endowed. For this reason I believe Brian is right in saying :
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbert
    If you have a local reseller, try contacting them...
    A quick look over on the Authorised Training Centre web-site turns up quite a bit of blurb on the subject of Autodesk Certification
    Autocad users should click on this link for course details relating to Autodesk AutoCAD Certification.

Hope this helps.

Login to Give a bone

If you use the outline that lists all subjects you need to be well versed in, you will do fine. That is what I did for the ADT certification tests.
    Steve Bennett |BIM Manager
    Taylor Design | Adventures in BIM

I could stop if I wanted to mom of 3's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

back up a sec, here. soooo, y'all are saying that there are CAD certifications that I can go through testing & obtain & NOT have to be in college or have a college degree???????

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by wrestlemom
    back up a sec, here. soooo, y'all are saying that there are CAD certifications that I can go through testing & obtain & NOT have to be in college or have a college degree???????
    Yes. AutoCAD finally has a cert test again.
    http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet...linkID=2475176

Other products have had one for a while such as ADT or Inventor.

Login to Give a bone

I've now taken and passed both the User and Expert exams...what fun-filled tests they are! LOL

There is more info and registration info on this website: http://autodesk.starttest.com/

I'll warn you, though...the starttest website is junk. I had scheduling problems for both tests that I scheduled through the site...apparently the interface and/or notification system between it and the Autodesk resellers isn't the greatest. After I passed the user exam, it popped up with the certificate to download almost immediately, however now I'm going back and forth with their technical support (a third party...and not very responsive) trying to get access the certificate for the expert level, now that I have passed it. It shows I passed the test, but no access to download the certificate.

I actually found this thread searching to see if anyone had any contact info to anyone @ Autodesk connected to the certification program who might be able to help with that!

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by DWS44
    I actually found this thread searching to see if anyone had any contact info to anyone @ Autodesk connected to the certification program who might be able to help with that!
    PM sent....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast