Thread: Error when Publishing Layouts - The PMP file has been set to None.

Login to Give a bone

Default Error when Publishing Layouts - The PMP file has been set to None.

Everytime I try to publish multiple layout tabs I keep getting this error:

MESSAGE: Error : There was an error opening the file C:\Program Files\Land Desktop 2004\Drv\Oce 9400.pmp. The PMP file has been set to None.

Does anyone know what this is, and/or know how to resolve this issue?

Thanks for your help.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Error when Publishing Layouts - The PMP file has been set to None.

I have done several things this morning and have come to the conclusion. Even though I still get that error message as posted earlier, what apperars to be my problem is this.

When I publish my multiple layouts it sends the plot directly to our oce. That is fine, but I want them to be plot files. That was how my publish command was setup, and somehow it changed from ploting plot files to directly plotting.

Is there a system variable that controls this or am I missing something in the publish dialoge box.

Login to Give a bone

Go to your plotter manager and select your Oce printer's pc3 file. Under the "Ports" tab, is it set to "Plot to File"? If not, it probably should be. You might want to look into creating one configuration for hard copy, and one for plot files.
    Last edited by architecture68-raff; 2007-01-12 at 05:26 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Ok, I tried to change the port on the pc3 file that I was using. The only problem with this was that every time I use that pc3 file I create plot files even when I just want to plot directly.

So what I did was created a page setup, because you can change the page setup in your publish dialoge box, changed the page setup in the publish dialoge box and that created the plot files that I needed. Also too the error that I was getting [MESSAGE: Error : There was an error opening the file C:\Program Files\Land Desktop 2004\Drv\Oce 9400.pmp. The PMP file has been set to None. ] is gone now.

So I think, after doing all of this, that my problem might be the pmp file. Does anyone know what that is?

Thanks for all of your help, I have learned somethings that I hadnt known before.