Thread: Create a Slideshow in AutoCAD 2007

Login to Give a bone

Question Create a Slideshow in AutoCAD 2007

With vanilla AutoCAD 2007, is there a way to make a slide show of different views of either a 2D layout or a 3D solid part. For example if I had a 3D solid part could you make a slide show showing the front, side, back and SE iso views?

Thanks,
    David

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Create a Slideshow in AutoCAD 2007

Are you thinking of the VSLIDE command?
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy
    With vanilla AutoCAD 2007, is there a way to make a slide show of different views of either a 2D layout or a 3D solid part. For example if I had a 3D solid part could you make a slide show showing the front, side, back and SE iso views?

Thanks,
    David

Boy, It's been a while since I've done this...

MSLIDE will create a slide
    VSLIDE will view it

Just change the view to what you want to show and use MSLIDE to create a slide for that view; repeat until you have slides for each view.

(aside) You can create a slide library with Slidelib, which is covered in the help file.

Use a script using VSLIDE and DELAY (if required) to create your show. The help file is pretty good at explaining how to do this, but post back if you need more info.

Login to Give a bone

Cool Re: Create a Slideshow in AutoCAD 2007

I tried the MSLIDE and VSLIDE and after I made a slide, when I tried to view the slide it just showed a blank screen.

I played around with ANIPATH and ended up making an animation.

How do you do a "Walkthrough" I entered that command and it was just confusing, I didn't see how to record your movement, and the movement was not exactly easy.

David

Login to Give a bone

<SNIP>

How do you do a "Walkthrough" I entered that command and it was just confusing, I didn't see how to record your movement, and the movement was not exactly easy.
    Hi

Refer to the AutoCAD Online help File [F1].

On the Index tab in the Type in the keyword to find: search box, enter the following...

Animation

You will then be presented with lots of helpful / useful information on this new feature / tool.

Have a good one, Mike

Login to Give a bone

I almost forgot...

Help pull-down menu -> New Features Workshop -> Click "Present" from the five options running across the top -> Click "Animation and Walkthrough" from the two options presented below.

Have a good one, Mike

Login to Give a bone

I tried the MSLIDE and VSLIDE and after I made a slide, when I tried to view the slide it just showed a blank screen.
    I just had to test it and same here; what's up with that? It used to work pretty well. Maybe it doesn't like the newer video stuff.

Another idea/option (if the animation and walkthrough stuff doesn't work out): Screen capture and Powerpoint (or similar). It would be a little more work, though, and I'm not sure what purpose you need it for.

Login to Give a bone

Here is a trick I have found using Anipath. Draw two 3d polylines of what you want for your animation. One path will be the path the camera will "roll" on. The other polyline will be the path of the "target" for the camera. Then from the anipath dialog box, just select the two polylines appropriately. Don't worry the anipath polylines will not be visible. Also be forwarned that you will have to adjust the number of images taken and how long you want it to be. I personally leave it at 30 fps, and I adjust the time to something like 30s.

Remember to not start out at some HD video level like a 1180 resolution. Start with a simple value of 480x 600. As you get a feel for the command you can move the values and complexities up. I think if you keep an eye on the time, (make sure its greater than 1 second), and the memory value it can turn out quite well. Also if you make it an AVI it can be imported into a power point presentation for a client relatively easily.

Good luck!

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by timcreary View Post
    Boy, It's been a while since I've done this...

MSLIDE will create a slide
    VSLIDE will view it

Just change the view to what you want to show and use MSLIDE to create a slide for that view; repeat until you have slides for each view.

(aside) You can create a slide library with Slidelib, which is covered in the help file.

Use a script using VSLIDE and DELAY (if required) to create your show. The help file is pretty good at explaining how to do this, but post back if you need more info.
    Just in case you're still looking into the vslide thing check this out.