Thread: Parcel labels won't plot

Login to Give a bone

Default Parcel labels won't plot

I have a lot of parcels created for a plat. They are all labeled with an area label style, and the segments are all labeled with line and curve label styles. When I try to plot, the area labels (containing parcel number and area) do not show up in my preview, nor do they plot, of course. The segment labels are fine. I have checked the layer that the area style puts the text on, and it is on, thawed, and set to plot. The visibility of the text is set to true in the style. I'm stumped...why won't my parcel area labels plot? I even tried editing the style and creating a new layer for the area labels, and it still wouldn't plot the labels. Please help, this thing is due tomorrow! Thanks so much.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Parcel labels won't plot

Check the layer specified in the parcel label style. This layer should be a 'plottable' layer as well as the layer for the parcel itself.

Note: When you select a parcel label, the layer shown is not the layer of the label. It's the layer of the parcel. The label acts as a 'handle' to get to the parcel.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Parcel labels won't plot

It seems I must have the layer for the lot lines (specified in the parcel style) plottable in order for the labels (whose layer is different, and is specified in the area label style) to be plottable, so things are NOT as easily controlled though layers as I was lead to believe. I want to plot my old regular ACAD linework (from which I created the parcels), and not plot the C3D parcel segments, because I'm having trouble getting the C3D parcel segments to plot correctly, and I don't have a lot of time to mess with this. I did discover that if I open the drawing in AutoCAD 2007, instead of C3D, the proxy objects (i.e. the labels) plot just fine, so I have a workaround. Just when I think I'm starting to get the hang of this, C3D throws another curve! Thanks for your help!