Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HP Designjet 1050C plus and edges

Login to Give a bone

Red face HP Designjet 1050C plus and edges

Hello All,

This one is driving me nuts. Here is the issue.
    The plotter add margins to my page setup, even after I changed the oversize A size margins to 0.
    I have my page setups using the Oversize paper A0, A1, A2 & A3, all with the margins set to 0. My title blocks are offset from the printed area according to our settings, and the plotter is set to margins by software.
    Any plotted sheets with the above settings are plotted with additional margins that are not supposed to be there.
    Any clues on how to fix this?

I appreciate any help.

Thank you all.

Jaime

Login to Give a bone

Question Re: HP Designjet 1050C plus and edges

Hi

What version of AutoCAD are you Plotting from ?

How is your HP DesignJet 1050C Plus set-up within AutoCAD ie

* Windows driver.
    * PC3 using a Windows driver.
    * PC3 using a Heidi driver.

Have a good one, Mike

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: HP Designjet 1050C plus and edges

Hi Mike,

I am using Auto CAD 2007, and a pc3 using a Hedi driver as follows:
    hpgdi9.hdi
    version 1.1-9.0.54.0
    the server is a windows 2000
    I appreciate your help.

Cheers,

Jaime

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by drafting.82475
    I am using Auto CAD 2007, and a pc3 using a Hedi driver as follows:
    hpgdi9.hdi
    version 1.1-9.0.54.0
    Hi

What Model did you select from the available list when creating the PC3 using that Heidi driver ?

Have you tried creating your own Custom Paper Sizes and using them instead ?

How about the Windows system printer driver from HP ( latest version available from HP web site ) that has been optimised for AutoCAD, have you tried that ?

Have a good one, Mike

Login to Give a bone

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your help. I did try all options you mentioned with no success. But a few things seem a bit strange to me. I was working with Xerox and OCE plotters before and they seem different than the one I am dealing with now.
    I created the PC3 file on my computer as a system printer, and when under the PC3 properties, the custom paper size section is not available, except under the custom properties section. But at this area I can not set the margins to zero.
    I downloaded all available drivers from the HP website and tested all (XP, 2000 & PS).
    In addition, I contacted HP through their web site last Thursday and still haven't received a response.
    I really appreciate your help and if you need me to post any info, please let me know.

Cheers,

Jaime

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by drafting.82475
    [ SNIP ]

I created the PC3 file on my computer as a system printer, and when under the PC3 properties, the custom paper size section is not available, except under the custom properties section. But at this area I can not set the margins to zero.

[ SNIP ]
    Hi

No worries...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.Perry
    What Model did you select from the available list when creating the PC3 using that Heidi driver ?
    For information on creating / using Custom Paper Sizes, take a look at the links listed in THIS post.

Have a good one, Mike

Login to Give a bone

Hi Mike

I understand all info on the posts you've sent me, and have done all. The problem is that even my new custom A1 size created with margins set to zero all around, when plotted have added margins different from the one I assign on my border and the right side of the sheet is clipped due to the margins added.
    I found a way out for the Auto cad plotting to plot according to what I want, but know my dwf and pdf plots are wrong, because I had to move my border around to accomplish the desired margins.
    I am having nightmares with this HP plotter.
    Any other ideas? I truly appreciate your help.

Cheers,

Jaime

Login to Give a bone

Hi

Have you delved ( looked ) into the control panel on the actual HP DesignJet 1050C ?

If no, that might have to be your next option... see how the the margins and paper cut options are set in there - if need be refer to the HP DesignJet 1050C manual or visit the HP web site, for detail instructions.

Have a good one, Mike

Login to Give a bone

Hi Mike,

I have done all that, the printing preferences under the control panel printer have no options to set margins. In addition, the printer manual have a very interesting note under adjusting margins on the printer panel, "HP drivers will override this setting". Then on the HP website, I can not find anything under their base knowledge.
    I also contacted them by email on the web site last Thursday with no answers.
    It is very upsetting, when dealing with Autodesk and HP, the biggest companies on the market, not being able to get any support.
    Once again, I appreciate your help.

Jaime

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Thumbs up Re: HP Designjet 1050C plus and edges

I'm going through something similar with hp design jet 800. It not only continues to add margins, it also plots on 37 1/2" size paper, and no matter what i change (pc3, limits, window size, title block location etc..) it still will print and add more to the page than needed. I know it's not a plotter problem because i have it set to arch D size paper, and when i do a test plot through the printer and faxes control panel, it plots on a 36" size sheet. Is there any known issues with HPGL2 language and 2006 autocad? Do i need to try and get the heidi drivers????

OK- after 3 long and gruesome days of trying to figure this out. Here's what i came up with that finally fixed my ish. On my hp, i have to select bright white paper as the paper type (this only works for roll paper), I had to find the smaller margins setting on the plotter and make sure it was checked, and then in the printer faxes control panel, i had to check the box for smaller margins in the printing preferences. WOO HOOO it works.
    Last edited by tyeelaw13; 2007-04-06 at 09:51 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast