Thread: Fatal Error when I try to use "file" from the menu bar in AutoCAD

Login to Give a bone

Default Fatal Error when I try to use "file" from the menu bar in AutoCAD

I have done a search and cannot find anything on this error code or anything close. I have contacted Autodesk and their only fix to date is to reinstall ACAD. I had already formatted my drive and reinstalled everything on the entire machine, but the problem does not go away. It also happens to another machine on my home network.

When I try to use "file" from the menu bar Autocad crashes with the following error message.

FATAL ERROR: Unhandled e06d7363h Exception at 7c812a5bh. OK........When I hit OK it is gone. Everything! When I restart Autocad it ask me to restore the drawing. Doesn't do a bit of good. I end up right back where I started. I have the same results on numerous different files from my drawing directories.

I sure would appreciate any help you guys can give. I have already lost this week from Tuesday on............Man I haven't worked this hard in a number of years. Especially since I have accomplished nothing!

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Fatal Error when I try to use "file" from the menu bar in AutoCAD

Quote Originally Posted by jmedley
    I have done a search and cannot find anything on this error code or anything close. I have contacted Autodesk and their only fix to date is to reinstall ACAD. I had already formatted my drive and reinstalled everything on the entire machine, but the problem does not go away. It also happens to another machine on my home network.

When I try to use "file" from the menu bar Autocad crashes with the following error message.

FATAL ERROR: Unhandled e06d7363h Exception at 7c812a5bh. OK........When I hit OK it is gone. Everything! When I restart Autocad it ask me to restore the drawing. Doesn't do a bit of good. I end up right back where I started. I have the same results on numerous different files from my drawing directories.

I sure would appreciate any help you guys can give. I have already lost this week from Tuesday on............Man I haven't worked this hard in a number of years. Especially since I have accomplished nothing!
    Here are a couple of things to try:

http://discussion.autodesk.com/threa...hreadID=485781

http://jtbworld.blogspot.com/2006/12...tal-error.html

HTH

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

I too am receiving a similar error message in ACAD 2006. It says "Unhandled e0434f4dh Exception at 7C812AEBh". I can't customize my menus, access the Layer Controls, and actually crashes when I try to manipulate "Line Weights" under the Options Menu. What can I do to fix this? I've done just about everything except re-format the hard drive. Thanks.

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Welcome to AUGI, congrats on your 1st!

Are you on Vista? Even with XP I'd suggest giving your username admin rights on the local PC. A lot of errors are due to Acad wanting to modify a setting / one of those "system" files which it installed. Vista doesn't like that at all. XP is a bit more forgiving in that sense, but can still prevent a prog from accessing a file.

Login to Give a bone

I have an error it named ( fatal error unhandled e06d7363h Exception at fd45aa7dh)
    in autocad 2010 64bit windows7
    processor : intel core i7 CPU

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Could you please state what you did just before this error happened?

Login to Give a bone

This article may help.

Login to Give a bone

Use tool at to resolve it long path first and to render it useable