See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Drawing Conversion Tool from Autodesk

Login to Give a bone

Exclamation Drawing Conversion Tool from Autodesk

If you get an "invalid file" error when trying to download a posted dwg file, please download and use the free drawing conversion tool by autodesk before requesting that the file sharer repost in "your" acad compatible version. I grumbled at first about this error myself, but find it is a LOT faster using this tool than it is to wait for the possible re-posting of a compatible file.

DWG TrueView

Use this FREE* download to accurately view, plot, and publish authentic DWG and DWF files. And now, DWG TrueView incorporates all the functionality of DWG TrueConvert. This means you can translate any AutoCAD or AutoCAD-based drawing file for compatibility with AutoCAD Release 14 through AutoCAD 2009.

How it is used: Start the Trueview program, add files you need converted (as many as needed), and convert as required. once done, open (converted) files in your version of autocad.

reminder: Dynamic Blocks are not compatible with Acad versions older than 2006. Thank you.
    Last edited by Chris.N; 2009-01-30 at 07:43 PM.
    Sometimes, i get lost in my own thoughts and need to ask directions to find my way back.
    S&D DB Sharing Forum

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Drawing Conversion Tool from Autodesk

Is there no a tool that one could use on a folder with sub folders that have dwg files?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by rakesh View Post
    Is there no a tool that one could use on a folder with sub folders that have dwg files?
    you have to manually add the specific files you want converted. it is nice in that it lets you select a lot of files at once, and even save the list for future use. i'm assuming one use of this is when one continually send files to another office that is behind and the machines are not set to save back versions as a matter of default.
    Sometimes, i get lost in my own thoughts and need to ask directions to find my way back.
    S&D DB Sharing Forum

Login to Give a bone

I downloaded this program and unzipped it during the "run" process but can't find how to open the program. What have I done wrong? It doesn't show up under the AutoDesk programs on the start menu or did it put a short cut on my desk top. Help please.

Just realized when I installed the program it said installation failed. Don't know why.

Just found out my computer is a 32 bit. Is the program you download only 64 bit? How do I get it to work on a 32 bit computer?
    Last edited by jhanby; 2007-10-02 at 02:32 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jhanby View Post
    I downloaded this program and unzipped it during the "run" process but can't find how to open the program. What have I done wrong? It doesn't show up under the AutoDesk programs on the start menu or did it put a short cut on my desk top. Help please.

Just realized when I installed the program it said installation failed. Don't know why.

Just found out my computer is a 32 bit. Is the program you download only 64 bit? How do I get it to work on a 32 bit computer?
    i'd copy the program to your hard drive first, then run. it should be 32 bit (?) cuz it works on mine, which is XP.
    S&D DB Sharing Forum

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jhanby View Post

You may need administrative rights to install it.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt