Thread: Decorating a Project with phases?

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Smile Decorating a Project with phases?

Hey All,

I was hoping this is possible, but I haven't tried it yet. I'm trying to decorate a project model file with seasonal decorations, based on phase. I know this is a silly thing, but I'm looking to inject some life into a project, and I thought this would be a fun way to do it.

If someone could outline the basics on how you would approach this, I would appreciate it. I'll also run some rendering, to display the fun.

Thanks in advance,
    Jeff S.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Decorating a Project with phases?

Do you really need them on phases? Couldn't you just add the different seasonal decoration to different worksets and turn them on and off depending on what you want?

Other idea would be have this elements as different linked files. One linked file only contains elements from one season, other linked file contain only elements from another season. You would play with them turning on and off exactly as worksets (the difference is that the workset you can actually close from your drawing and the linked files you can unload the ones you don't want)

To create the elements as linked files, you would open a blank file, link your original project there and start adding elements. Once it is done, you unload the original project and only the elements will stay to be linked in your main project.

Just an idea.

Andre Carvalho

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Decorating a Project with phases?

Quote Originally Posted by jsteinhauer View Post
    Hey All,

I was hoping this is possible, but I haven't tried it yet. I'm trying to decorate a project model file with seasonal decorations, based on phase. I know this is a silly thing, but I'm looking to inject some life into a project, and I thought this would be a fun way to do it.

If someone could outline the basics on how you would approach this, I would appreciate it. I'll also run some rendering, to display the fun.

Thanks in advance,
    Jeff S.
    Try using Design options, in that way you could copy the viewport, and set each viewport to a different season.