Thread: Printer Materials Recycling

Login to Give a bone

Default Printer Materials Recycling

does anyone have any place they would recomend for recycling printer ink / toner? from what ive found on the interweb, there are alot of places that really seem to cater to the fundraiser aspect (churchs and school) and there are a few that look a bit questionable and im hesitant to just signup with them. we dont have a high volume compared to alot of places, but it would still be nice to be able to recyle what we do use.

thanks

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Printer Materials Recycling

Quote Originally Posted by Chad_C
    does anyone have any place they would recomend for recycling printer ink / toner? from what ive found on the interweb, there are alot of places that really seem to cater to the fundraiser aspect (churchs and school) and there are a few that look a bit questionable and im hesitant to just signup with them. we dont have a high volume compared to alot of places, but it would still be nice to be able to recyle what we do use.

thanks
    Not that it will help you, but we have a company who hires out some of our offices on the floor below who takes all our empties, they go to a company who refills and resells the cartridges and all monies raised go to a local primary school, I don't think its alot though but we do other fund raising event for them too. Our offices are in a small village just outside of Colchester in UK which has a real comunity feel to it, if I had the choice I would prefer to help a charity in my own locale rather than it going to a national charity where it will be spent on admin fees.

On a different topic, in our local pub there is a guy who must be sixty something who used to always leave his small change on the bar when he left, MBH worked at the pub a few evenings a week and collected his change and started a charity box off, at the end of the year (with others additions also) there was about 600 quid there ($1200), they ended up buying things for the childrens ward at our local hospital, they preferred to buy things as opposed to just handing the money over. This has been running successfully for about five years now, I guess I'd just rather see what happens to the money donated if you know what I mean.

Login to Give a bone

thanks

Try foodforthepoor.com. I do this one, goes to feed people in poor Caribbean countries like Haiti. They make it quite simple, send you pizza size boxes, a list of acceptable cartridges, and postage is pre-paid. They also email you a spread sheet with exactly how much each cartridge was recycled for, and how many people it fed. Last quarter my efforts at work fed 35 people for 60 days. Not bad for something most folks throw away.

Certifiable AUGI Addict robert.1.hall72202's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

I have an office depot across the street and they take all
    of my empty cartridges. I get a $3 off coupon for the next
    purchase I make. Sometimes they run a special deal
    and I can swap for some paper.

As far as fund raising, I forget the toner cartridges and make
    a generous donation.

Login to Give a bone

Talking Re: Printer Materials Recycling

thanks
    It's nice for them to go to a good cause, but, I know that the Engineer I work with takes his used cartriges to Best Buy and trades them for reams of paper. I'd imagine other businesses have such trade agreements as well.
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost