Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How do people set up their dual displays

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: How do people set up their dual displays

does anyone ever notice that when you're in the same revit session and switching between different projects ,, that if you have your project browser on the second monitor ,,, that it snaps back to it's default place , on the primary monitor , in the revit session.

drives me nutz .

as far as monitors .. i'm on a 19" LG at 1280 x 1024 and a 17" crt which is constantly bombarding me with low levels or radiation to maintain my tan !!

back to the project browser docking issues . has anyone ever experienced this ? is there a fix

All AUGI, all the time thomas.stright's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

When I did production work I had Dual 21" set for Horz. Strech @ 2560x1024
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

I'm running a Chimei 22" widescreen as primary and a Samsung 19" secondary. I keep land desktop open on the big'un and email, browser, spreadsheets, objectdock, palettes, etc. on the secondary.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by j_starko
    does anyone ever notice that when you're in the same revit session and switching between different projects ,, that if you have your project browser on the second monitor ,,, that it snaps back to it's default place , on the primary monitor , in the revit session.

drives me nutz .

as far as monitors .. i'm on a 19" LG at 1280 x 1024 and a 17" crt which is constantly bombarding me with low levels or radiation to maintain my tan !!

back to the project browser docking issues . has anyone ever experienced this ? is there a fix
    What video card do you have? On my ATI, you can chose what monitor your windows open up on, either 1, 2, or at cursor. Maybe there's a setting on your PC for it?

Login to Give a bone

Have Viewsonic LCD monitors: VP920b 19" and VG2230wm 22".

AutoCAD, Photoshop, SketchUp on the 22", everything else (email, web, Word, etc.) on the 19".

We (the CAD Monkeys here) just got the 22" monitors a couple of weeks ago, and I'm loving the extra real estate.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

I'm running two Viewsonic VP191s (19") at 1280x1024.

Most of the time, I'll run AutoCAD on the left side and support / programming aps on the right.

However, when I'm doing 3D, I'll stretch AutoCAD across the majority of most monitors. I'll configure the viewports to have a full one on the left, and then a set of 4 viewports on the right. I'll stretch AutoCAD so that the dividing line between the big viewport and the group of 4 small ones falls right on the edge (bevel) of the monitors.

The smaller viewports will have my plan, elevation and end views as well as an alternate isometric view. I'll primarily work on the left side, and reference the viewports on the right for snaps and zooms as needed. (If I've thoroughly confused anyone with this, I'll try and post a screen shot).
    Last edited by Ferroequine; 2007-03-16 at 03:32 PM.

All AUGI, all the time CADDmanVA's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Ferroequine
    ...I'll configure the viewports to have a full one on the left, and then a set of 4 viewports on the right. The smaller viewports will have my plan, elevation and end views as well as an alternate isometric view. I'll primarily work on the left side, and reference the viewports on the right for snaps and zooms as needed...
    Wow! Good idea. I don't work in 3D (within ACAD), but the viewport idea is cool. I could use a couple of viewports for detail work etc. Thanks for the idea.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123