Thread: Make Map act like AutoCAD?

Login to Give a bone

Default Make Map act like AutoCAD?

My projects are getting less and less that I need “Map” and more to where I need just plain old AutoCAD. Anyone else out there in the same boat? Anyone know how I can get “Map” to stop loading “Map” stuff and load just regular AutoCAD? Workspace? Profile? I understand other products like Civil or Architect they can run it like “AutoCAD”….

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Make Map act like AutoCAD?

Hi,
    I think you need to change your workspace. You have to go to Map 3D drawing workspace to have all autocad options.

Bayzid

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by shaon9902
    Hi,
    I think you need to change your workspace. You have to go to Map 3D drawing workspace to have all autocad options.

Bayzid

But how do I know what all the autocad options are?

Oh, just thought I'd add the biggest thing I'm trying to do is get get rid of or stop loading the "Map Browser".
    Last edited by aharris; 2007-01-29 at 03:36 PM.

Login to Give a bone

If that's what you are after, then go to Options on the Map pull down, and disable the Task Pane on Startup and Display Manager on Startup choices.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by cadtag
    If that's what you are after, then go to Options on the Map pull down, and disable the Task Pane on Startup and Display Manager on Startup choices.
    Cool, I knew there had to be a setting somewhere...now if I could just remember where that is when I need it turned on.

uggg, if it's not one thing.... Okay, so yes that worked....but I have a SpaceNavigator by 3DConnexion. It has bug in AutoCAD, it will always reloads the menu and places it again. When the Display Manager is on, it places the menu as a floating toolbar and I move it at the end. When I turn the Display Manager off, it places the toolbar in the first menus and moves the menus around. Darn if you do, Darn if don't.... Oh well, thanks for your help!!!!

Login to Give a bone

Mapwspace is the command line version of turning on /off the taskpane. Also try closing out the toolbars then on the workspace tool bar there is a icon (button) that allows you to save the workspace automatically. Then last try saving your profile from the options dialog after you have everything set how you want it.

Quote Originally Posted by aharris
    Cool, I knew there had to be a setting somewhere...now if I could just remember where that is when I need it turned on.

uggg, if it's not one thing.... Okay, so yes that worked....but I have a SpaceNavigator by 3DConnexion. It has bug in AutoCAD, it will always reloads the menu and places it again. When the Display Manager is on, it places the menu as a floating toolbar and I move it at the end. When I turn the Display Manager off, it places the toolbar in the first menus and moves the menus around. Darn if you do, Darn if don't.... Oh well, thanks for your help!!!!

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Jmurphy
    Mapwspace is the command line version of turning on /off the taskpane. Also try closing out the toolbars then on the workspace tool bar there is a icon (button) that allows you to save the workspace automatically. Then last try saving your profile from the options dialog after you have everything set how you want it.
    Well, like I said, it's a known bug from 3DConnexion. I already tried what you mention, but thanks for the info anyway . You did, however, gave me idea that I could just pick my workspace again and it puts everything back to the way I want it.