Thread: Set ViewRes to a predefined value, will help with working with the Sheet Set Manager

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Set ViewRes to a predefined value, will help with working with the Sheet Set Manager

Windows XP / AutoCAD 2006

Now, I am a big user of the Sheet Set Manager, and very seldom use the "OPEN" button to open a file. My "want" is to automatically set my VIEWRES to 10,000 whenever I open a layout from the Sheet Shet Manager. (Yes, my computer is more than enough to handle the 20,000 setting.)

If I were using the OPEN command button, I could just add " VIEWRES;Y;10000; " to my OPEN command line in the CUI.

With SSM, what would be the solution, since VIEWRES is a Per-Layout-Per-Drawing basis, which means that one DWG file could have different VIEWRES saved per Layout in that same file.

Hope I am clear enough in my explanation. Thanks in advance for your help and information.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Set ViewRes to a predefined value, will help with working with the Sheet Set Manager

Quote Originally Posted by omorah
    Windows XP / AutoCAD 2006

Now, I am a big user of the Sheet Set Manager, and very seldom use the "OPEN" button to open a file. My "want" is to automatically set my VIEWRES to 10,000 whenever I open a layout from the Sheet Shet Manager. (Yes, my computer is more than enough to handle the 20,000 setting.)

If I were using the OPEN command button, I could just add " VIEWRES;Y;10000; " to my OPEN command line in the CUI.

With SSM, what would be the solution, since VIEWRES is a Per-Layout-Per-Drawing basis, which means that one DWG file could have different VIEWRES saved per Layout in that same file.

Hope I am clear enough in my explanation. Thanks in advance for your help and information.
    why not add
    Code:
    (command "viewres" "y" "10000")
    to the acaddoc.lsp

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Set ViewRes to a predefined value, will help with working with the Sheet Set Manager

In our office, we don't use AcadDOC.lsp. We have five different types of AutoCAD isntalled so each one has it's own folder - AutoCAD 2006, Raster, Civil3D etc. Can I add it to my personal MNL file? If so, how? Whatever I do, would it set the VIEWRES to each layout I open form the Sheet Set Manager? Thanks again.

PS:
    Someone mentioned adding "TRIGGERS" somewhere to be able to control my VIEWRES in any layout I open.
    Last edited by omorah; 2007-01-29 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Adding More Information

Login to Give a bone

Can you add a personal acaddoc.lsp to the folder the MNL is in? Or is it a shared folder too?

I don't think a trigger / reactor will do it. (but, I don't know much about reactors, either).

Login to Give a bone

Just wondering if you meant having a personal LSP file that would automatically load, and NOT another AcadDOC.LSP in the system.

I added the control (command "viewres" "y" "10000") to my personal "xxxxxxxx".lsp and these are my observations.

The Viewres 12000 only controls the first layout opened from the Sheet Set Manager. This will be because AutoCAD initiates it's full opening with the first opened layout.

When I opened another layout (from SSM and same file), it's Viewres would NOT change to 12000.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by omorah
    Just wondering if you meant having a personal LSP file that would automatically load, and NOT another AcadDOC.LSP in the system.

I added the control (command "viewres" "y" "10000") to my personal "xxxxxxxx".lsp and these are my observations.

The Viewres 12000 only controls the first layout opened from the Sheet Set Manager. This will be because AutoCAD initiates it's full opening with the first opened layout.

When I opened another layout (from SSM and same file), it's Viewres would NOT change to 12000.
    Placing this into a reactor will most likely not help either as the command function is not recommended to be executed via a reactor.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt