Thread: Scheduleing Site Area

Login to Give a bone

Default Scheduleing Site Area

I need to create a drawing which shows and schedules the landscape areas into permiable, non-permiable, building, and building overhang.

I already have the topography sliced up into the different areas and the properties of each split surface show both the Projected Area and Surface Area of each part (cool distinction) but I can't find a way to shedule these areas. Am I missing something?

Since I can't find a way to schedule that data, I was starting to trace everything in an area plan... is there a better or faster way (each stupid stepping stone counts against me here, in many different ways).

Thanks,

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Scheduleing Site Area

Quote Originally Posted by andrebaros
    I need to create a drawing which shows and schedules the landscape areas into permiable, non-permiable, building, and building overhang.

I already have the topography sliced up into the different areas and the properties of each split surface show both the Projected Area and Surface Area of each part (cool distinction) but I can't find a way to shedule these areas. Am I missing something?

Since I can't find a way to schedule that data, I was starting to trace everything in an area plan... is there a better or faster way (each stupid stepping stone counts against me here, in many different ways).

Thanks,
    It is possible to do a topography schedule using the standard scheduling tool. It will report all the items you can find in the topo's properties. I use it to report cut/fill volumes primarily so that muck away costs can be agreed, but no doubt it can do what you require. The only thing I would suggest is that you need to name your topo elements carefully as you go along and then filter the schedule to exclude pads and so on and this I have found can only be achieved by filtering on names.

Login to Give a bone

Thank you!!!

I had been looking under site instead of topography... duh. All is much better now and all my time working on an area schedule was wasted because A: I didn't need to do it, and B: you can't change the area types on an area schedule... even if you create a new Area Scheme you can still only use the rentable area types.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by andrebaros
    Thank you!!!

I had been looking under site instead of topography... duh. All is much better now and all my time working on an area schedule was wasted because A: I didn't need to do it, and B: you can't change the area types on an area schedule... even if you create a new Area Scheme you can still only use the rentable area types.
    Sounds like you're on the right track with the topography schedule, but just to clarify, you can use area schemes / area plans to do this or just about anything.