Thread: "Hide annotation in view" command

Login to Give a bone

Default "Hide annotation in view" command

Enable multiple “Hide annotation in view” by picking on multiple annotations.

Peter

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: "Hide annotation in view" command

As a workaround I would suggest using filters to control the visibility of multiple annotation objects. You can then select multiple instances at once.

I could stop if I wanted to FOUTJM's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

great suggestion!!!!!!

try it peter!!!!

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Jshaver
    As a workaround I would suggest using filters to control the visibility of multiple annotation objects. You can then select multiple instances at once.
    View filter don't suport section/elevation/levels/grids or other annotation objects. Only building objects....

Which annotation types are you looking to hide?

Revit Moderator
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by aaronrumple
    View filter don't suport section/elevation/levels/grids or other annotation objects. Only building objects....
    Revit Structure's Filter tool is currently more robust/capable than the one found in Revit Building and this is currently possible. In addition to adding elements to a filter by defined criteria (which I believe is Revit Building's only method) Revit Structure can add elements by selection as well. This allows any element that can be selected to be part of a filter or saved selection.

That being said there may be other methods worth consideration depending on what your particular goal might be. Scope Boxes are another valid option for controlling the display of grids, levels, elevations and sections.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Andersen
    Revit Structure's Filter tool is currently more robust/capable than the one found in Revit Building and this is currently possible. In addition to adding elements to a filter by defined criteria (which I believe is Revit Building's only method) Revit Structure can add elements by selection as well. This allows any element that can be selected to be part of a filter or saved selection.

That being said there may be other methods worth consideration depending on what your particular goal might be. Scope Boxes are another valid option for controlling the display of grids, levels, elevations and sections.
    So now we have yet more workarounds to try and accomplish what is easily done in other flavours of Revit. My fears that Revit Building is becoming Revit LT are not that unfounded. I had no idea that Revit Structure could filter annotations. I wonder what possible explanation could be given for crippling Revit Building in this area. Come on you Autodesk apologists, rationalize this one!!

Revit Moderator
    Login to Give a bone

The ability to quickly select, save, and recall elements in a given Revit Structure model is used quite often when dealing with the analytical links. Often times it is necessary to send only a particular portion of the model off to analysis and this feature makes that process very efficient.

My assumption is that this tool was developed and built to automate a necessary process/workflow in Revit Structure and that it was not seen as having much benefit in the other flavors of Revit.

If my assumption is correct, the intended purpose of this additional feature only appears to be relevant to Revit Structure. In reality, I agree that this feature would be beneficial to all flavors of Revit.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Andersen

My assumption is that this tool was developed and built to automate a necessary process/workflow in Revit Structure and that it was not seen as having much benefit in the other flavors of Revit.
    That's going to make a lot of Building guys very unhappy. This has been on the wish list in building for over 5 years....

Revit Moderator
    Login to Give a bone

We're holding this feature hostage until you share Model Text and Decals .