Thread: Dynamic Block door, update text automatically as door is changed

Login to Give a bone

Default Dynamic Block door, update text automatically as door is changed

I'm new with the Dynamic Blocks. Thanks for your sharing, I have learned some so far, but I have a problem that I can not seem to figure out. I have a door block and I want the door size to automatic change when I change the door. I assume I can change it by the "lookup". I can not seem to connect my text (which is an attribute) to my lookup - I guess I might be way too confused. Here is what I got so far.

Thanks Matt
    Attached Files Attached Files

In the hospital cuz of my fever for more cowbell
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Dynamic Block door, update text automatically as door is changed

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Mercer
    I'm new with the Dynamic Blocks. Thanks for your sharing, I have learned some so far, but I have a problem that I can not seem to figure out. I have a door block and I want the door size to automatic change when I change the door. I assume I can change it by the "lookup". I can not seem to connect my text (which is an attribute) to my lookup - I guess I might be way too confused. Here is what I got so far.

Thanks Matt
    all you need to do is add a field that connects your rotated dimension to your attribute.

On a side note, my humble opinion is that nothing should really be placed on the Defpoints layer as it is an AutoCAD created layer and is meant to be used by the system only as a point of reference for dimensions. My suggestion is to create a no-plot layer and place the dimension on that. Good idea on keeping the dimension to a no plot, though. If you carry that attribute through to all the vis states, it should be what you're looking for.

Maybe change the orientation of the attribute or something ....
    Attached Files Attached Files
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Return of the Cowbell