Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ADT2006 / ACAD2006 and Microsoft Vista?

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: ADT2006 / ACAD2006 and Microsoft Vista?

I don't know about supporting VBA, but the primary reason is that Vista does not support open GL, which most CAD software uses. "Vista's" requirements are for a different video system, and also new video cards. This is way more than just installing new software.

Login to Give a bone

My computer died on me so I decided to purchase a nice new Laptop.
    Had I brought it earlier I would of had XP and all would be well, but all new computers are sold with Vista only (unless you buy it w/o the OS). I didn't really think that this would be a problem. There is no fix for older versions of CAD (2006). Autodesk does not have nor will they have a patch for 2006, which I believe most CAD personnel are running these days since IT managers like wait until the bugs are out before upgrading to 2007.
    I did a little research in the web and I hope I found as a possible solution, Microsoft's new free program out called Virtual PC that you can install XP on...

[QUOTE=Use Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 to run multiple operating systems at the same time on the same physical computer. Switch between virtual machines with the click of a button. Use virtual machines to run legacy applications, provide support, train users, and enhance quality assurance[/QUOTE]

The only downfall of this so far is that I have to purchase a full version of XP and upgrade to Vista Ultimate or Business. But in the long run, IF this works, I'll save money and time on having to completely format my laptop and reload it with XP.

Thanks
    Last edited by Nique; 2007-02-27 at 12:48 AM.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Steve.Sanderson(UK)
    Same here, we have 2007 which I play around with to stay in the loop but all work is done using 2006.
    Yup, same here. Our It guys have told us we keeping well clear of Vista for the forseeable future, same applies to IE7.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by veronique.williams
    I did a little research in the web and I hope I found as a possible solution, Microsoft's new free program out called Virtual PC that you can install XP on...
    Veronique,

You may also want to try VMware. It currently has much better performance than Virtual PC.

http://dallas.sark.com/SarkBlog/mhol...2/08/2467.aspx

This next link is from Google cache since the original page has disappeared:
    http://216.239.51.104/search?q=cache...lnk&cd=1&gl=us

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Ruben
    Interesting. So it seems that the official word from Autodesk is that none of their current ADT products will be supported under Vista. And, they "do not recommend that you upgrade to
    Vista".

So there it is, make sure your purchasing department knows that you will be needing XP machines for a while.
    Autodesk has issued a statement saying they will release a patch for 2007 products to run on Vista, but nothing before that. Also, it may be a bit until it is released.
    Steve Bennett |BIM Manager
    Taylor Design | Adventures in BIM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12