See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: ADT 2007 place "scale" menu into AutoCAD 2007 menu

Login to Give a bone

Default ADT 2007 place "scale" menu into AutoCAD 2007 menu

In ADT there's a menu at the bottom right to select a scale for inserting dimensions or callouts at a certain scale. Is it possible to put that menu into AutoCAD?

I'm sorry if this is ended up in the wrong forum.

Tim

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: ADT 2007 place "scale" menu into AutoCAD 2007 menu

Quote Originally Posted by tim.glass
    In ADT there's a menu at the bottom right to select a scale for inserting dimensions or callouts at a certain scale. Is it possible to put that menu into AutoCAD?

Hi Tim

Please note I have *moved* this thread from the AutoCAD CUI Menus forum to this one, as I believe it will be better served here (where more ADT users will see it and know exactly what Scale menu you are referring to).

No sorry necessary or required.

Thanks, Mike

Forum Manager

Login to Give a bone

Tim
    Not in AutoCAD 2007 or earlier, as far as I know.

Login to Give a bone

That scale menu is embeded in the AEC *.arx items that are loaded into the program upon launching it. If you know how to code arx, then you might have a chance...
    Steve Bennett |BIM Manager
    Taylor Design | Adventures in BIM

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for the responses, folks. It's a bummer. That's a right useful tool.

But isn't it possible to load additional .arx files into AutoCAD? In other words, if you knew what .arx that menu was in, you could load the .arx into AutoCAD?

The reason for the query is that this would really be benificial to the people in my CAD152 - Mechanical CAD I class. They never even open ADT and don't know it's there. Shoot, my teacher didn't know it was there. We all found it by accident.

Sorry if I'm asking too much.

Thanks in advance,
    Tim
    Last edited by tim.glass; 2007-02-10 at 12:08 AM.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for the responses, folks. It's a bummer. That's a right useful tool.

But isn't it possible to load additional .arx files into AutoCAD? In other words, if you knew what .arx that menu was in, you could load the .arx into AutoCAD?

The reason for the query is that this would really be benificial to the people in my CAD152 - Mechanical CAD I class. They never even open ADT and don't know it's there. Shoot, my teacher didn't know it was there. We all found it by accident.

Sorry if I'm asking too much.

Thanks in advance,
    Tim
    Someone with a whole lot more knowledge of ARX than I might be able to figure out what to load and then what to do with it to get the control to show up somewhere with AutoCAD running, and even let you select a drawing scale. What then? If you are not running ADT - you will not have any tools that work with the "ADT drawing scale" you picked. Perhaps that clever person could also work out how to load the bits that will update the DIMSCALE every time you select the drawing scale. Then you could tie your AutoCAD objects to the DIMSCALE value.

But I would ask that clever person why they are taking a Level I Mechanical CAD class when they could be working for Autodesk as a programmer and making far more money than an entry-level mechanical draftsman could command. And, if the real problem to be solved is to create a way to set a drawing scale and have various annotation objects be sized accordingly, then anyone with a smattering of LISP or VBA skills could set something up with a few days effort without any need for trying to borrow parts of ARX code from a different vertical product.

You could also post a wish that a way to set a drawing scale similar to the ADT control on the Drawing Window Status Bar would make its way into AutoCAD. Who knows, perhaps Autodesk would be receptive to such a suggestion?