Thread: Where's the Survey Menu?

Login to Give a bone

Default Where's the Survey Menu?

I just installed Civil 3d and am trying to do the survey tutorial...but I'm unable to even begin. The Menu Customization is vastly different than the 2004 procedure, which I have been running. How do I activate and insert the <Survey> menu, or any menu for that matter?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Where's the Survey Menu?

Yeah, this is one of the more-obtuse parts of the CUI.

Type "CUI" to start the CUI editor. In the tree in the upper-left quadrant, select a workspace. You should see a button appear above the upper-right quadrant that says "Customize workspace...". Click on it.

Now, if you look at the tree in the upper-left quadrant again, you should see little boxes next to all the toolbars and menus. Make sure that you check any toolbar or menu you want to appear in the current workspace. Remember to look for toolbars and menus in Partial CUIs, too.

Now you can go back to the upper-right quadrant and organize the menus into the order you want them in. If you get menus out of order (as compared to the load order of the Partial CUIs), they may not all appear the next time you restart Autocad. If this happens, you can always just refresh (reload) your workspace every time you startup Autocad - it's only a problem right when you first start Autocad. Or you can shuffle things around (Menu orders, Partial CUI load orders) until you get everything to appear at startup.