Thread: CUI error - System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '33'

Login to Give a bone

Default CUI error - System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '33'

I have a guy in one of our offices who has a problem when he tries to manipulate some of his custom toolbars. When he is in the CUI editor and clicks on one of his toolbars he gets the following error:

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '33' is not valid for 'index'.

Parameter name: index

Additional details available also.
    The funny thing is that he sent me a screenshot of this error yesterday and the invalid value was '0', not '33'.
    I had him send me a copy of his CUI file also and I used it with no problem except for some of his lisps that I don't have on our local network.

any ideas?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: CUI error - System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '33'

Quote Originally Posted by mhudson
    I have a guy in one of our offices who has a problem when he tries to manipulate some of his custom toolbars. When he is in the CUI editor and clicks on one of his toolbars he gets the following error:

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '33' is not valid for 'index'.

Parameter name: index

Additional details available also.
    The funny thing is that he sent me a screenshot of this error yesterday and the invalid value was '0', not '33'.
    I had him send me a copy of his CUI file also and I used it with no problem except for some of his lisps that I don't have on our local network.

any ideas?
    THIS may be worth a try.

Do you have additional info such as version, vertical, etc.? It may help if you have it.

HTH

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: CUI error - System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '33'

nice try but it doesn't seem to be the problem. I even had him send me all of his icons so that I could review the sizes - all under 16x16.

We are running 2007. Vertical?

Error dialog attached if that helps.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

nice try but it doesn't seem to be the problem. I even had him send me all of his icons so that I could review the sizes - all under 16x16.

We are running 2007. Vertical?

Error dialog attached if that helps.

Verticals are things like Map, Land Development Desktop and Architectural Desktop.

It looks like the AcCustomize.dll update was done. Are the latest service packs applied to the installation? Also, is Microsoft .NET 2.0 installed? I know there is a 3.0, but there were issues with 2006 and 2.0 when 2.0 was released, so with 2007 I would stick with 2.0.

This is a tough one to troubleshoot, but looking at the error log, there is a lot of mention of bitmap, so it may be worth giving the suggested fix a try on his machine. It may also be worth backing up the CUI he is working on and starting fresh by copying the original CUI from C:/program files/AutoCAD 2007/UserDataCache/Support/XXXX.cui
    (XXXX will depend on the vertical) and going from there.

Login to Give a bone

I'm not convinced that there is not a problem with the icons being used. I will try a couple of things tomorrow. Thanks for the input.

Login to Give a bone

I'm not convinced that there is not a problem with the icons being used. I will try a couple of things tomorrow. Thanks for the input.
    You're welcome. Maybe someone with more experience will have more ideas later. Please keep us posted if you make any headway; it helps us all.

Login to Give a bone

Hi

Additionally you may wish to browse the four results I found via the Autodesk Discussion Groups...

ArgumentOutOfRangeException

Have a good one, Mike