Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: CUI error - System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '33'

  1. #1
    Active Member
    Join Date
    2004-05
    Location
    Chambersburg, PA
    Posts
    53
    Login to Give a bone
    0

    Default CUI error - System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '33'

    I have a guy in one of our offices who has a problem when he tries to manipulate some of his custom toolbars. When he is in the CUI editor and clicks on one of his toolbars he gets the following error:


    System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '33' is not valid for 'index'.

    Parameter name: index



    Additional details available also.
    The funny thing is that he sent me a screenshot of this error yesterday and the invalid value was '0', not '33'.
    I had him send me a copy of his CUI file also and I used it with no problem except for some of his lisps that I don't have on our local network.

    any ideas?

  2. #2
    AUGI Addict .T.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    2000-12
    Location
    Lost
    Posts
    1,473
    Login to Give a bone
    0

    Default Re: CUI error - System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '33'

    Quote Originally Posted by mhudson
    I have a guy in one of our offices who has a problem when he tries to manipulate some of his custom toolbars. When he is in the CUI editor and clicks on one of his toolbars he gets the following error:


    System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '33' is not valid for 'index'.

    Parameter name: index



    Additional details available also.
    The funny thing is that he sent me a screenshot of this error yesterday and the invalid value was '0', not '33'.
    I had him send me a copy of his CUI file also and I used it with no problem except for some of his lisps that I don't have on our local network.

    any ideas?
    THIS may be worth a try.

    Do you have additional info such as version, vertical, etc.? It may help if you have it.

    HTH

  3. #3
    Active Member
    Join Date
    2004-05
    Location
    Chambersburg, PA
    Posts
    53
    Login to Give a bone
    0

    Default Re: CUI error - System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '33'

    nice try but it doesn't seem to be the problem. I even had him send me all of his icons so that I could review the sizes - all under 16x16.

    We are running 2007. Vertical?

    Error dialog attached if that helps.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  4. #4
    AUGI Addict .T.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    2000-12
    Location
    Lost
    Posts
    1,473
    Login to Give a bone
    0

    Default Re: CUI error - System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '33'

    Quote Originally Posted by mhudson
    nice try but it doesn't seem to be the problem. I even had him send me all of his icons so that I could review the sizes - all under 16x16.

    We are running 2007. Vertical?

    Error dialog attached if that helps.

    Verticals are things like Map, Land Development Desktop and Architectural Desktop.

    It looks like the AcCustomize.dll update was done. Are the latest service packs applied to the installation? Also, is Microsoft .NET 2.0 installed? I know there is a 3.0, but there were issues with 2006 and 2.0 when 2.0 was released, so with 2007 I would stick with 2.0.

    This is a tough one to troubleshoot, but looking at the error log, there is a lot of mention of bitmap, so it may be worth giving the suggested fix a try on his machine. It may also be worth backing up the CUI he is working on and starting fresh by copying the original CUI from C:/program files/AutoCAD 2007/UserDataCache/Support/XXXX.cui
    (XXXX will depend on the vertical) and going from there.

  5. #5
    Active Member
    Join Date
    2004-05
    Location
    Chambersburg, PA
    Posts
    53
    Login to Give a bone
    0

    Default Re: CUI error - System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '33'

    I'm not convinced that there is not a problem with the icons being used. I will try a couple of things tomorrow. Thanks for the input.

  6. #6
    AUGI Addict .T.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    2000-12
    Location
    Lost
    Posts
    1,473
    Login to Give a bone
    0

    Default Re: CUI error - System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '33'

    Quote Originally Posted by mhudson
    I'm not convinced that there is not a problem with the icons being used. I will try a couple of things tomorrow. Thanks for the input.
    You're welcome. Maybe someone with more experience will have more ideas later. Please keep us posted if you make any headway; it helps us all.

  7. #7
    The Silent Type Mike.Perry's Avatar
    Join Date
    2000-11
    Posts
    13,656
    Login to Give a bone
    0

    Default Re: CUI error - System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '33'

    Hi

    Additionally you may wish to browse the four results I found via the Autodesk Discussion Groups...

    ArgumentOutOfRangeException

    Have a good one, Mike

Similar Threads

  1. 2013: AcCloudManager.exe - System Error
    By gfreddog in forum AutoCAD General
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2012-11-29, 06:11 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2011-03-17, 06:54 PM
  3. System.NullReferenceException Error
    By matthew.221135 in forum AutoCAD General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2009-11-05, 06:43 AM
  4. vba system... execution error
    By esam_arch in forum VBA/COM Interop
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2009-10-06, 02:14 PM
  5. Building System Error
    By Beginner Revit User in forum Revit MEP - General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2007-11-29, 07:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •