Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Civil - Hydrant w/ Gate Valve (original and updated), Spot Elev., Drainage Arrow

Login to Give a bone

Arrow Civil - Hydrant w/ Gate Valve (original and updated), Spot Elev., Drainage Arrow

I've got a couple of other simple ones here some people might find useful:

Hydrant lead with a movable gate-valve.

Proposed spot elevation that reads Z-value

Drainage arrow with slope percentage.

(*added by mod: This post was split from its original thread in order to comply with new Sharing Forum guidelines*)

(*added by mod: Normally, I would have split all these blocks into their own separate threads ... but because all the posts in this thread reference these blocks, I felt it was best if the blocks all stayed together in order to maintain continuity*)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Rico; 2007-02-16 at 04:19 AM. Reason: This post was split from its original thread in order to comply with new Sharing Forum guidelines

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Civil - Hydrant w/ Gate Valve (original and updated), Spot Elev., Drainage Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by ewhite

eric, i've got a question for you on your spot elev. block. do you ever place them when the view is twisted, like for Plan&Profile drawings? i can't figure the fix for the left to right flip. the mirroring of my attribute is wrong, and i can't figure out why. any help please?
    Last edited by Rico; 2007-02-16 at 04:08 AM.
    Sometimes, i get lost in my own thoughts and need to ask directions to find my way back.
    S&D DB Sharing Forum

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Civil - Hydrant w/ Gate Valve (original and updated), Spot Elev., Drainage Arrow

oh, and i like the drainage arrow! nice flip idea for the arrowhead!

is the hydrant valve supposed to have a line to follow the stretch? just wondering. cool block regardless.
    Sometimes, i get lost in my own thoughts and need to ask directions to find my way back.
    S&D DB Sharing Forum

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Chris.N
    eric, i've got a question for you on your spot elev. block. do you ever place them when the view is twisted, like for Plan&Profile drawings? i can't figure the fix for the left to right flip. the mirroring of my attribute is wrong, and i can't figure out why. any help please?
    Chris, Typically we only use them in plan view but one for a twisted view would be nice .

Try setting the "MIRRTEXT" variable to 0. That should do the trick.

Login to Give a bone

oh, and i like the drainage arrow! nice flip idea for the arrowhead!

is the hydrant valve supposed to have a line to follow the stretch? just wondering. cool block regardless.
    Thanks for your complement, and yes, the hydrant should have a lead, I must have spaced it.

Login to Give a bone

Chris, Typically we only use them in plan view but one for a twisted view would be nice .

Try setting the "MIRRTEXT" variable to 0. That should do the trick.
    that doesnt' work.... (and i'm hoping you're being funny with that suggestion....)
    S&D DB Sharing Forum

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for your complement, and yes, the hydrant should have a lead, I must have spaced it.
    Ok I tried to create the hydrant with a lead and add rotational parameter but now the linear parameters wont rotate with the rest of the block even when i include them in the rotation parameter set. Can someone with more experience than me take a look at it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Rico; 2007-02-16 at 04:09 AM.

Login to Give a bone

that doesnt' work.... (and i'm hoping you're being funny with that suggestion....)
    No, i wasn't trying to be funny... i had had the same problem when i created it and it worked for me.

It could be that I'm not understanding your issue. Can you describe exactly what is happening?

Login to Give a bone

No, i wasn't trying to be funny... i had had the same problem when i created it and it worked for me.

It could be that I'm not understanding your issue. Can you describe exactly what is happening?
    well, as an archie, i can only guess that the issues are arising when the dview is twisted so that the new '0' angle (or whatever you call it) isn't allowing the text to flip correctly. like, backwards. i'm just diving into that (civil) world for DB's, so we'll see if i get a fix or not.
    S&D DB Sharing Forum

Login to Give a bone

eric. from Opie's wonderful list, i was able to locate my spot elev. to play with it, twist the view and insert. flipping goes wonky.
    S&D DB Sharing Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast