See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: LDT 2005 - Dimscale resets itself

Login to Give a bone

Angry RE: Dimscale resets itself

I'm having trouble with this myself, only in LDT2005. I will set the DIMSCALE variable to 10 and when adding line labels with crow's feet, the crow's feet come in at 40 scale. When I verify the DIMSCALE it has been reset to 40. I have to manually go back to every crow's foot and change the X, Y, and Z scales under the properties tag. Since they are a varying directions, it eliminates the possibility of selecting them and changing them once. It is very time consuming and aggravating. (We'll be upgrading to 2007 and eventually Civil3D, so hopefully we won't have to deal with this much longer)

I could stop if I wanted to tyshofner's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: LDT 2005 - Dimscale resets itself

In what file format (i.e. 2000, 2004, 2007) are your drawings saved? I had the "reset dimscale to 96" issue when opening drawings saved in 2000 format on a 2005 machine. Once all files were converted to 2004 file format everything was fine.

Ty

Login to Give a bone

All the files should be saved in 2004 format. (Unless someone did not adhere to standards, which I'm sure we all know is impossible). Its strange someone else at our office is experiencing the same thing, except their file resets the dimscale to 1.0 when adding line labels.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by brandonc
    I'm having trouble with this myself, only in LDT2005. I will set the DIMSCALE variable to 10 and when adding line labels with crow's feet, the crow's feet come in at 40 scale. When I verify the DIMSCALE it has been reset to 40. I have to manually go back to every crow's foot and change the X, Y, and Z scales under the properties tag. Since they are a varying directions, it eliminates the possibility of selecting them and changing them once. It is very time consuming and aggravating. (We'll be upgrading to 2007 and eventually Civil3D, so hopefully we won't have to deal with this much longer)
    Why not adjust your crow's feet block itself to the size you want?
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

In LDD, try going to the Projects menu and select Drawing Setup. On the Scale tab, set the Horizontal scale that you want and see if that fixes it.
    Tim Creary
    S&D
    DILLIGAF

Login to Give a bone

Is there an ACADDOC.lsp that is setting it? : DUNNO :

Login to Give a bone

Red face Re: LDT 2005 - Dimscale resets itself

Quote Originally Posted by Opie
    Why not adjust your crow's feet block itself to the size you want?
    We use a variety of scales, so it would be cumbersome to have to add multiple definitions of the same block (no dynamic blocks yet)

Quote Originally Posted by timcreary
    In LDD, try going to the Projects menu and select Drawing Setup. On the Scale tab, set the Horizontal scale that you want and see if that fixes it.
    Yep this did the trick, I can't believe it was something this simple. I have to go administer 20 lashes to myself for this one. Now the text comes in too small, but I'm sure it's just a matter of tinkering some other settings. Thanks for all the help guys.

Login to Give a bone

We use a variety of scales, so it would be cumbersome to have to add multiple definitions of the same block (no dynamic blocks yet)

Yep this did the trick, I can't believe it was something this simple. I have to go administer 20 lashes to myself for this one. Now the text comes in too small, but I'm sure it's just a matter of tinkering some other settings. Thanks for all the help guys.
    20 lashes not required. It took me a while and I lost a lot of hair trying to figure out what was causing dimscale to change when I started using LDD. As for the text being too small, check to make sure that the sizes specified in your text styles is appropriate for the scale. Have a look at the Text Style tab of Drawing Setup AFTER you set the scale. It doesn't help much for text that is already in the drawing, though.
    Tim Creary
    S&D
    DILLIGAF

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by timcreary
    Have a look at the Text Style tab of Drawing Setup AFTER you set the scale. It doesn't help much for text that is already in the drawing, though.
    Yeah, I took at look at this, and came to the same conclusion. The text was set for the default scale (which was 200!). It may be time to embrace prototypes and templates instead of using SAVEAS.