Thread: Q - Dynamic Blocks and Tool Palettes

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Question Q - Dynamic Blocks and Tool Palettes

So far this is the only forum that deal with dynamic blocks nuch at all, however I have one question that may or may not be in the right thread.

Ok, so I have this dandy Dynamic block; lets say the "dynamic test.dwg" from the second post on this thread. How do I make this multi block block a tool on my tool pallet in a network / muti user enviroment. I have several blocks that I am in the process of trying to make (view title, section marks...) that meet our standards but am haveing trouble making the jump to implimenting them. Is there anyone that can walk me though this or show me a resource to follow?

background: ADT 2006 in a multi-user network enviroment. We use the tool catalog system and i-drop the tools in to keep them updated with the link. The CAD guro who set the system up with other custom sets is now gone and took the knowledge with him.

If anyone can help please let me know

In the hospital cuz of my fever for more cowbell
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Q - Dynamic Blocks and Tool Palettes

Quote Originally Posted by bgorham
    So far this is the only forum that deal with dynamic blocks nuch at all, however I have one question that may or may not be in the right thread.

Ok, so I have this dandy Dynamic block; lets say the "dynamic test.dwg" from the second post on this thread. How do I make this multi block block a tool on my tool pallet in a network / muti user enviroment. I have several blocks that I am in the process of trying to make (view title, section marks...) that meet our standards but am haveing trouble making the jump to implimenting them. Is there anyone that can walk me though this or show me a resource to follow?

background: ADT 2006 in a multi-user network enviroment. We use the tool catalog system and i-drop the tools in to keep them updated with the link. The CAD guro who set the system up with other custom sets is now gone and took the knowledge with him.

Well, I think first you have to download it to your network somewhere where it is accessible to all. Then you drag it into your tool palettes and you're done.

This is assuming you've already established a proper network tool palette set up. If not, then that's a whole other kettle of fish.
    Last edited by Rico; 2007-02-16 at 11:18 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Return of the Cowbell

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by bgorham

wow, i might have been of some help had you not mentioned you used ADT. i'm under the impression tool palettes are different when a vertical app is involved.

thanks, but this should be it's own thread/ question. i think a mod could do the honors to make it its own thread......
    Sometimes, i get lost in my own thoughts and need to ask directions to find my way back.
    S&D DB Sharing Forum

In the hospital cuz of my fever for more cowbell
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Chris.N
    wow, i might have been of some help had you not mentioned you used ADT. i'm under the impression tool palettes are different when a vertical app is involved.

thanks, but this should be it's own thread/ question. i think a mod could do the honors to make it its own thread......
    I think it operates very similar to vanilla CAD. There are some differences, but the principles remain the same, I think. I'll have to go over to one of my co-worker's stations to have a more in depth look ....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Return of the Cowbell