Thread: Get SSM to create a new file for a new Rev and un-link itself to the original file?

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Get SSM to create a new file for a new Rev and un-link itself to the original file?

When I revise a sheet in my drawings, I always save the sheet as a new revision level and be sure to keep a copy of the original. Is there a way, when I make revisions to a sheet in a sheet set, to tell the SSM to create a new file for a new revision and un-link itself to the original file?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Get SSM to create a new file for a new Rev and un-link itself to the original file?

Quote Originally Posted by james.126519
    When I revise a sheet in my drawings, I always save the sheet as a new revision level and be sure to keep a copy of the original. Is there a way, when I make revisions to a sheet in a sheet set, to tell the SSM to create a new file for a new revision and un-link itself to the original file?
    Not without a lot of work.

Save your original drawing to a new name. Maintain the name used in the SSM for your current file.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Get SSM to create a new file for a new Rev and un-link itself to the original file?

isn't that what the "Archive" function is for? we have our 'issue date' set and plot files saved (zipped) and the revisions are just added to the sheets to make them the 'latest & greatest'....
    Sometimes, i get lost in my own thoughts and need to ask directions to find my way back.
    S&D DB Sharing Forum

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

archive...wow!

you would think i would have noticed that...
    i just tried that out and that is pretty wonderful..zips everything into one package so no matter when you have to go back to it you cant lose XREFS, templates, etc..

thanks again!

Login to Give a bone

archive...wow!

you would think i would have noticed that...
    i just tried that out and that is pretty wonderful..zips everything into one package so no matter when you have to go back to it you cant lose XREFS, templates, etc..

thanks again!
    LOL! so, i take it your problem is solved? glad i could help!
    Sometimes, i get lost in my own thoughts and need to ask directions to find my way back.
    S&D DB Sharing Forum