Thread: Insert Saved View results in - Access Violation. Unable to open drawing.

Login to Give a bone

Default Insert Saved View results in - Access Violation. Unable to open drawing.

I have drawing that I am trying to insert saved views into via the sheet set manager. The view is reflected in the resource drawing tab of the SSM. When I go to insert the saved view in gives me an "Access Violation. Unable to open drawing." error. It doesn't make any sense, at least to me. The saved views are in the drawing that I currently have open and am working in. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Insert Saved View results in - Access Violation. Unable to open drawing.

Quote Originally Posted by jfields.61630
    I have drawing that I am trying to insert saved views into via the sheet set manager. The view is reflected in the resource drawing tab of the SSM. When I go to insert the saved view in gives me an "Access Violation. Unable to open drawing." error. It doesn't make any sense, at least to me. The saved views are in the drawing that I currently have open and am working in. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Hi Jim,

Is there any more information with the error message? Could you post the complete error?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Insert Saved View results in - Access Violation. Unable to open drawing.

Tim,
    I finally cleared the error message by saving the drawing which contained the saved view several times. It eventually cleared and allowed me to insert the saved view via the SSM. It was quite frustrating, must have been the gremlins. I appreciate your willingness to help.
    Thanks,

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jfields.61630
    Tim,
    I finally cleared the error message by saving the drawing which contained the saved view several times. It eventually cleared and allowed me to insert the saved view via the SSM. It was quite frustrating, must have been the gremlins. I appreciate your willingness to help.
    Thanks,
    No problem, Jim.

Just an idea for the future: Maybe an AUDIT of the drawing would have helped?

Take care.