See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Getting rid of the "Educational Version" when transferring files into a full version?

Login to Give a bone

Default Getting rid of the "Educational Version" when transferring files into a full version?

If a file was worked on in an educational version of autocad, is there anyway to get rid of the "educational version" labels that come up all over the sheet when you plot if you put the sheet into a regular, full version of Autocad 2007?

Thanks.

Certifiable AUGI Addict robert.1.hall72202's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Getting rid of the "Educational Version" when transferring files into a full version?

Wouldn't any files created in the educational version have to be
    for non commercial use? This includes the countless hours
    of creation time.

I would assume there isn't a way to remove the stamp.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Getting rid of the "Educational Version" when transferring files into a full version?

I believe the legal answer to your question is, whatever it is that you are transferring needs to be redrawn 100% in the commercial version of Autocad.

Pieter

I could stop if I wanted to ekubaskie's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Search the forums here and at discussion.autodesk.com, and you will find enough reading to last you a while. What you won't find is the answer you're hoping for.

Moving any geometry from an "educational" drawing into a "commercial" drawing will leave you with nothing but another "educational" drawing. You need to keep those files far, far away from the commercial CAD seat.

EDIT: actually, there is a way to do it, but you need to go to an Autodesk reseller to make it happen. I have no idea what it may cost you, though. It may also be unavailable in your circumstance.
    Last edited by ekubaskie; 2007-02-24 at 05:33 AM.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by ekubaskie
    EDIT: actually, there is a way to do it, but you need to go to an Autodesk reseller to make it happen. I have no idea what it may cost you, though. It may also be unavailable in your circumstance.
    Even then, there is no way for the reseller to convert it. They would contact Autodesk and they would say that there is no way to do it.

It's been rumored there is a utility autodesk has to remove it, but I've never seen it.
    Steve Bennett |BIM Manager
    Taylor Design | Adventures in BIM

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

There is a routine you can obtain from AutoDesk. You must write a letter to them - yes a real physical letter - explaining how it happened. You then have to prove you own a fully licensed copy of AutoCad to get them to allow you to undo it. They will then send you a link to download the program to remove it from the corrupted files. This file is time stamped and can only be used for a short time so make darn sure you clean up every file quickly. They do not like to do this more than once.

I could stop if I wanted to ekubaskie's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Bennett
    Even then, there is no way for the reseller to convert it. They would contact Autodesk and they would say that there is no way to do it.

It's been rumored there is a utility autodesk has to remove it, but I've never seen it.
    According to one of Steve Johnson's Bug Watch columns, your reseller can get you the utility, good for two weeks. He didn't say anything about the required amount of license auditing, cash, and good old-fashioned begging.