See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Simpson blocks?

Login to Give a bone

Default Simpson blocks?

Does anyone know where I can find Simpson hardware library? I can't seem to find one through Google. Or is there a way I can use the blocks their AutoCAD menu pulls from?

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Simpson blocks?

I am not familiar with the exact library you are referring to.
    You can create detail component families from the autocad blocks by importing them directly into the family template or recreating them using the revit tools. (assuming you are using 2-d components) If you are looking for 3-d elements your better off creating them from scratch in Revit. The process is relatively painless depending on the sizes of your library.

I would suggest nesting the similar components and utilizing parameters wherever possible to keep the count of .rfa files low but performance can be hindered if the families become to complex.

Login to Give a bone

I don't think there is a Revit catalog of Simpson hangers. As you probably know Simpson produces a very good catalog for Autocad which can use to create your own detail components. Their web site has all the AutoCAD stuff.

All AUGI, all the time DoTheBIM's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Was just looking around for simpon families (can't use detail families), but the dwg blocks for the Acad menu are in C:\Program Files\Simpson\Menu . They are named in a way that seems easy enough to tell what's what.

Login to Give a bone

Thumbs up Re: Simpson blocks?

Simpson blocks should be available for Revit as well however some blocks similar to simpson are available in Revit Imperial Libray which includes some basic connectors as well. If you go to the RST2008 folder which contains Imperial Library comes by default with Revit Installation package. So follow this order of folders

RST2008 > Imperial Library > Detail Components > Div 06-Wood and Plastic > 06090-Wood and Plastic Fastenings

Inside this folder Revit Library contains all the basic connectors similar to simpson.

Hope this helps.

KK

All AUGI, all the time DoTheBIM's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

I repped you and gave you an E for effort. While I didn't know those were in there, they fall under the category of "can't use detail families"... plus that is a very limited list unless I don't have the complete library.

I have since created my own families and have been able to acquire a rather long list of hangers and their attributes in an access database (24,000+ records which reduces to 1888 unique records) that I can use to create type catalogs in short order. I have a very long list of hangers now that I can use for generically representing the hangers (but the right sizes and thicknesses) and I can get revit to count them which is the reason I couldn't use detail components.

Edit: Almost forgot.... Welcome to AUGI !!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

I don't suppose you'd be willing to share your families?

Login to Give a bone

I am creating soem of these families for my library too. I think Simpson will be updating their website in a very soon future for these families since the industry is pushing that way. Anyways, feel free to download these couple of samples and send me your feedback. I would like to know if there is any thing that could be done to enhance and improve these families.
    Attached Files Attached Files