Hi,

I have a dilemma that I'm sure somebody else has been in before today. I am trying to affect some fairly radical changes in an engineering and draughting office that has been largely without standards for about 30 years. For quite a few years now we have been using CAD, so there are a lot of drawing files (over 10,000), but also a lot of other documents in many other formats.

Over the years, many of these documents have been duplicated elevctronically - sometimes multiple times over - so now we have a situation where there are a lot of files where it's impossible to tell simply from the name which file is the latest version.

One way that I have thought of to minimize the confusion is to somehow generate a report containing the names and locations of all of the files which are genuinely identical. i.e. those files which have both exactly the same name and exactly the same content.

At a guess, I suspect that this could reduce our total storage requirement on one network drive by up to 30%.

If anyone has any suggestions of methods or applications that can do this, then I would very much like to hear them.

TIA. Cheers,...Jon.