Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Very slow response speed in Inventor Pro 11 & AutoCAD 2007

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Very slow response speed in Inventor Pro 11 & AutoCAD 2007

Thanks to all we will go thro some of your the recomendations step by step to see the results.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

>I extruded a screen with approx. 1300 holes

Why would you do that? Use feature patterns or cosmetic texture if you can get away with it (with that many holes visually there would be no difference between a cosmetic texture and physical holes - the only reason to do physical holes is if you need them for CAM software, you might be able to get by with a detail of physical and a cosmetic overall if you need for the CAM software. In any case use feature patterns).

http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/AU2006/MA13-3%20Mather.pdf

But the problem with one file should not cause problems with all files.
    First thing I would do is Scan and Defrag the hard drive. Check RAM and make sure a stick hasn't gone bad. Repair install. Check to make sure Service Pack 1 & 2 are installed along with the latest hotfixes.

Login to Give a bone

I have resorted to the cosmetic hole pattern. We have checked the ram 1 GB. I did use feature patterns. We did defrag & repair install.

Login to Give a bone

I had/have the same thing happen to my machine. I had everyone telling me not to work off the server and to employ a 3gb switch along with all these other erroneous suggestions. My video card is just fine along with my memory and everything else. the machine worked great for a while and now is a complete dog.

I ended up re-formatting my hard drive and reinstalling everything because even a clean install did not fix my issued along with the crashing of Inventor 20 -30 times a day.

Anyway the clean install did the trick for about a week and then all of a sudden I was left right back where I started. something happened and I can't put my finger on it. All I know is that I should not have to reformat my hard drive every week to maintain performance of my workstation and cad software. I am ready to quit my job because I spend most of my days being forced to work with Autodesk products that make me look like a fool while trying to do my job.

I have had my reseller in on this since day one (it's been almost 2 years now) and a nearly dedicated line to Autodesk, Dell, and my IT contractor. No one seems to have any insight as to why this is happening but most seem willing to point a finger or pass the buck.

If anyone has ANY realistic sugestions I would love to get this monkey off my back...

Mike D'Addario
    Project Engineer
    President Hartford AMUG

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by mdaddario
    I have had my reseller in on this since day one (it's been almost 2 years now) and a nearly dedicated line to Autodesk, Dell, and my IT contractor. No one seems to have any insight as to why this is happening but most seem willing to point a finger or pass the buck.
    Just curious - what particular model of Dell machine are you using?
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music."

- Kristin Wilson, Nintendo, Inc., 1989.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12