Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flip Dynamic Block with Attributes does not update insertion points of Attributes

Login to Give a bone

Default Flip Dynamic Block with Attributes does not update insertion points of Attributes

See image with this post:

O.k. I got a dynamic level bubble with text attributes under the bubble. When I flip the bubble with a vertical flip action the text attribute insertion point does'nt change locations. So when I edit the attribute the text is not under the level bubble but beside it cause of the insertion point. Is their a solution to this.

Thanks boys ans girls
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Flip Dynamic Block with Attributes does not update insertion points of Attributes

check the DB forum. i believe there are a few posts similar to this. otherwise, from what i remember - attributes dont play well with flips, particularly when you want them to line up in a certain way. the only thing i can think of off hand is to set your attributes to a center justification. are you able to post the block?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Flip Dynamic Block with Attributes does not update insertion points of Attributes

Yup, Chad_C is correct. I had the same issue.
    Rico pointed out that you cant "flip" attributes and have them "flip" justifiation.
    Your best bet is a different visability state for this.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks man, Thats what I had in mind. To have different visibility states or different insertion point.

Thanks guys, I will check the DB forum.

Login to Give a bone

Hi "pasles"

Please note I have *moved* this thread from the AutoCAD 2007 General forum to this one...

Thanks, Mike

Forum Manager

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by pasles
    Thanks man, Thats what I had in mind. To have different visibility states or different insertion point.

Thanks guys, I will check the DB forum.
    You may want to keep in mind with the attributes to label the Tags as "Flipped-..." so that if or when you extract the data you know the difference in data.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by marklabell
    You may want to keep in mind with the attributes to label the Tags as "Flipped-..." so that if or when you extract the data you know the difference in data.
    Oh Yea,
    With two visibility states with two different sets of attributes, you shoud name your attribute tags differently, like add an "L" and "R" to them so you can tell them apart.

In the hospital cuz of my fever for more cowbell
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by tedg
    Oh Yea,
    With two visibility states with two different sets of attributes, you shoud name your attribute tags differently, like add an "L" and "R" to them so you can tell them apart.
    Not only that. Remember that attributes also don;t play nice with each other unless they are entirely unique within that block.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Return of the Cowbell

Login to Give a bone

Has anyone tried to use the "block attribute manager"? Use this to "Sync" your dynamic block after the flip . . . . I believe this will update the justification of the attributed text.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by tknapp
    Has anyone tried to use the "block attribute manager"? Use this to "Sync" your dynamic block after the flip . . . . I believe this will update the justification of the attributed text.
    The justification doesn't sync up like you would expect it to. If you hit sync, then exit the "battman" the justification will be unchanged, which is a programming oversight by autodesk. Maybe in 2009 it will change, but it remains unchanged in 2008 (as far as I know).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast