Thread: Adding Stretches to different Vis States appear to affect objects in other Vis States

Login to Give a bone

Default Adding Stretches to different Vis States appear to affect objects in other Vis States

i have rebuilt this twice, and gotten the same result both times. when adding in stretches for the different vis states, they seem to affect objects in other vis states. the block has 3 states - no mullion, 1 mullion, and 2 mullion.

edge beyond and top & bottom frame are shared throughout.

no mullion has its own glass.

1 mullion has its own bottom glass, shares middle mullion & upper glass with 2 mullion.

2 mullion has its own bottome mullion & middle / lower glass.

i am trying to reuse linear paramters for states when i can - which ends up only being the top mullion / glass for 1 & 2.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Adding Stretches to different Vis States appear to affect objects in other Vis States

Try this. I deleted the top param and stretch let me know what you think

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Adding Stretches to different Vis States appear to affect objects in other Vis States

that works, but its not quite the level of control i would like. in the 2 mullion state, the goal was to be able to select the glass size, without having to do math to get the overal number right - ie. the top glazing is 24" - in the properties (or with the arrow) i can just set it to 24" - instead of 6'4" or whatever it would be.

the stretch in the 1 mullion state is also a bit off, but i think when i can sit down and dig around in the block i can fix that part.

Login to Give a bone

Is this something closer to what your after?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cory
    Is this something closer to what your after?
    yes, but again things are moving that shouldnt be. i have some things i need to get out today & tomorrow, then i should have a few minutes to sit down and work everything out. i just dont understand how stretching in one vis state causes line work in another to move erratically.

Login to Give a bone

I have only had a quick play myself but, do you want the mullion (vis 1 mullion) and the top mullion (vis 2 mullion) to move together?

Login to Give a bone

after some more tinkering, i got it to work how i wanted it - or at least pretty close.

Login to Give a bone

O, i didnt realise you wanted the top window to move in that direction i thought you wanted to increase the overall height sorry!

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cory
    O, i didnt realise you wanted the top window to move in that direction i thought you wanted to increase the overall height sorry!
    its ok. i dont think i realized it that either - but i feel it works out a lot better this way. thanks for the help

Login to Give a bone

Haha didnt help much. Thinking about it i agree lol seems a lil backwards the other way lol