Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Embedded Excel file interfering with our Standard font file (Architxt.shx)

Login to Give a bone

Default Embedded Excel file interfering with our Standard font file (Architxt.shx)

We have a finish schedule drawing with an embedded excel file. When we open up that particular file, any other files that we open from that point forward have the standard font kicked into another type.

We run ACAD2007 with Architext as our standard font.

Thanks for any input!

Login to Give a bone

Question Re: Embedded Excel file interfering with our Standard font file (Architxt.shx)

Hi

Is the embedded Excel file an OLE Object or an AutoCAD Object ie a Table?

Have a good one, Mike

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Embedded Excel file interfering with our Standard font file (Architxt.shx)

It is a OLE object.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Embedded Excel file interfering with our Standard font file (Architxt.shx)

Here's something else interesting. As mentioned before, when I open up any subsequent drawings after opening the drawing containing the excel files, the fonts are different. Additionally, if I modify anything in any drawing that was opened before, the same effect eventually occurs. The attached sample shows a tag that displays normally. But when I move that tag, the attribute info changes font types. Also, if I perform a print preview on the same drawing that is displaying normally, the preview shows the modified fonts

interesting......
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mhudson; 2007-03-13 at 06:07 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Question Re: Embedded Excel file interfering with our Standard font file (Architxt.shx)

Hi

Within AutoCAD are you using TrueType or SHX fonts?

If TrueType(s), what TrueType(s), and what TrueType(s) are you using in Excel?

Have a good one, Mike

Login to Give a bone

hey Mike

We use a SHX font file (architxt) in AutoCAD and a truetype (Arial) in the Excel file.

Mike

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by mhudson
    We use a SHX font file (architxt) in AutoCAD and a truetype (Arial) in the Excel file.
    Hi

Am I correct in my thinking that Architxt.shx is not a standard AutoCAD SHX font file ie It does not ship with AutoCAD?

If yes, maybe try experimenting by replacing Architxt.shx with a standard AutoCAD SHX font... and see what happens.

Have a good one, Mike

Login to Give a bone

Well, you're right. I subbed our architxt.shx font with a standard AutoCAD SHX font and the problem did not re-occur.

What does this mean?

Thanks
    Mike

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by mhudson
    Well, you're right. I subbed our architxt.shx font with a standard AutoCAD SHX font and the problem did not re-occur.

What does this mean?
    Hi

Honest answer, I do not know... pass...

Guess... there maybe some technical reason (or possibly a bug) relating to how AutoCAD handles OLE Objects and Text "based" Objects (especially when it comes to non standard AutoCAD SHX font files).

Have a good one, Mike

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

we use a program called XL2CAD that imports excel files into autocad and it automatically update the file each time you open up the file. all files are inserted at 1=1 scale. we also use a nonstandard font called archquik.shx for our drawings and Arial for XL2CAD. the web site to order it from is www.dotsoft.com, and its very inexpensive to buy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast