Thread: IFC to CIS/2 translation

Login to Give a bone

Default IFC to CIS/2 translation

Hi all,

I am looking for a translator from IFC to CIS/2 format so I can import a structural model from Revit into SAP2000. I am not using Revit Structure but Revit Building 9.1. I tried the robobat download and it told me Revit was not installed since I am assuming it is look for Structure. Is there a standalone version of the file translator as I can not find it anywhere? Any help is appreciated.

John

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: IFC to CIS/2 translation

Quote Originally Posted by jmartin.127555
    Hi all,

I am looking for a translator from IFC to CIS/2 format so I can import a structural model from Revit into SAP2000. I am not using Revit Structure but Revit Building 9.1. I tried the robobat download and it told me Revit was not installed since I am assuming it is look for Structure. Is there a standalone version of the file translator as I can not find it anywhere? Any help is appreciated.

John
    I am also a structural engineer using the CSI analysis package with the same problem. From my experience, you will not be able to achieve an export trough IFC. I would suggest to export the analytical model (element axes) trough DXF. I know the 3D DXF import works ok on the CSI side. Personally, the best I could achieve is the export of the DXF grid from Revit, and not because I didn't try hard enough. It's pretty close to nothing. But if you do succeed more, please share it with me. I would appreciate it.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: IFC to CIS/2 translation

As described towards the end of this thread, i managed to get two of the Robobat extensions to work in Revit Architecture (i didn't try the other ones), maybe this would works for the ones you are mentioning as well?

Michael